Menu
pujro
Superfast
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

device registration, oh yes, again.

Can someone try adding a device change to my account please. Registered again two days ago, and surprise, surprise, it's already asking again. Spoke to support yesterday who raised a full "ticket" on it(could take 5 days!) but couldn't give me a device change - they said I already had one, but it just doesn't allow it when I try, says can't register till March 1st. 

In the meantime I have Sky Sports News running on the Sky platform for the first time in months, supposed to be a new version of the app but the sound is still out of sync, just like months ago. The picture is far superior to TV Go though, pity about the sound!

0 Kudos
Flying_Kiwi
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: device registration, oh yes, again.

I really have eliminated this problem altogether on my Win 10 tablet by sticking with the TV Go app and not using the browsers or other apps to watch the TV Go service. Even Sky Sports News is working fine from within TV Go (at a decent screen resolution for my tablet). If you want to save yourself the inconvenience of jumping through the re-re-re-registration hoops, I suggest you do the same (at least until VM can treat all methods of accessing the service from one PC as just the one registered device). Good luck!

0 Kudos
pujro
Superfast
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So, here we are again, a week gone, no feedback on my support ticket, nothing. I rang support this morning, total waste of time, they can't update me and the person I spoke to didn't even understand what a device registration was. In the end they just stalled and said I'd have to wait for another "few" days.

No service for a week and no updates, amazing.

0 Kudos
Flying_Kiwi
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What are you going to do when you do (eventually) get a free hardware device slot? What sort of device will it be used on and if its Windows 10, how will you be viewing the content? How have you prepared your device to be ready? These are things you can be sorting out in the meantime as I'm sure VM (just like you)won't want to do this again just a few more days down the track!
0 Kudos
pujro
Superfast
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just switched on and tried again(as I have every day for a week) and today TVGo is working! Figure that one out then.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

There was (and still is) an issue with Virgin TV Go on service status. Perhaps it’s been partially resolved?

A00EE598-E0D4-40AC-8C4E-2F531A6791DB.png

0 Kudos
pujro
Superfast
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good point, I have been checking status every day but there's nothing on it for my area, even just now. I'll just wait and see what support come back with and hope it keeps working.

0 Kudos
Bingley
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I`m still having login issues today and yesterday , fix date as usual just gets put forward, makes me howl when it says engineer on the way, where from Jupiter.   VM are so slow if you tipped them £1 it would only be worth 25p  by the time they pick it up. ! and ain`t that the truth.

0 Kudos
pujro
Superfast
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Today, at the fourth attempt with tech support, and after just 12 short days, I finally re-registered both my devices. No explanation of why it took so long, all the more frustrating as I'd been repeatedly told I couldn't have device changes added or old devices removed - both of which happened this afternoon. 

0 Kudos
Flying_Kiwi
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Glad its resolved for you now - albeit after all the effort you put in. Going forward, what are you going to do to avoid a repeat? Others will want to learn from your experience.
0 Kudos