cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing PIN

MikeCrackle
Joining in

Can anyone logged into and using the TV Go app with their own email address can change the PIN, including our children.?

Is this correct operation. ?
Is the TV Go PIN the same as the TV V6 PIN ?

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The PIN on TV-Go is the same as your TV-box PIN, yes.

You should only have one login to TV-Go per subscription, IIRC.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

When others log in they use their own email address and password, It seems they can also change the PIN as well as the Master account email address.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This thread https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv-go-app-settings  says:-

Change Pin

The default Virgin TV Go PIN is 0000. This PIN is used by all Virgin TV Go devices and is not related to the TV PIN on your Virgin TV box. You can set the pin to any 4 digit number. If you can’t remember your PIN, you can reset your PIN here too.

See Parental Control on Virgin TV Go for details on how to change your Virgin TV Go PIN.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Please can you explain why all users of TV Go (different email accounts) can reset and change the PIN.?

How do you set TV GO so that only certain users can change the PIN

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Only the primary account should be able to log into TVGO,  therefore secondary email accounts should be unable to log into TVGO and have no way of changing the TVGO pin.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Well how is that going to work? If all users use the same account as the master account every user can reset the PIN back to 000 and override any parental controls.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's entirely up to yourself if you give others your login details,.

You should be aware that if allowing others to use your login then they can make changes etc.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

So we have established that ALL USERS of TV Go on my Virgin Media account can reset the PIN back to 0000.

Even though they use different log in details.

This renders the "Parental Controls" useless as any child who logs in can reset the PIN top a KNOWN number and watch anything they want.

Shame on you Virgin Media, how am I expected to protect my children from inappropriate content.?

OK I think I have sorted this out;- although all users log in with the same "master" email account log in details. When you go to change the PIN the log in details are asked for a second time.

So assuming I set up the childs laptop myself and entered my own log in details, the child will not know what those details are so will not be able to get to the change the PIN.