cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoomed picture viewing in Edge browser?

Web-Junkie
Dialled in

Having a bizarre issue while watching any channel via the Virgin TV website on a Windows tablet. I'm using Edge browser and all programs seem to be zoomed in as no channel logo can be seen and using the full screen option seems to zoom in more as well? The best example is Sky Sports News, no ticker can be seen under the picture and no sidebar on the right can be seen, I just see the main picture and nothing else!!

The tablet (Lenovo Miix 510) is fully updated with drivers and Windows is fully updated (LTSC 2021 but this version has no windows store so can't try the Store App).

It's Domain Joined but that's not the issue (and other browsers are blocked) as I was using Sky GO and also Sky's website to watch full screen TV previously and never ran into this 'zoomed picture' issue as I could see the Sky logos!!

So has anyone ever come across this issue?

Spec of tablet if needed:

Intel i3-6100U CPU, 128GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 520, Windows LTSC 2021, connected by WiFi to a HUB 3!

12 REPLIES 12

Aaron2
Well-informed

Have you tried pressing CTRL+0(zero) to see if it unzooms?

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

Yep, was at 100% to start with and adjusting the zoom in the browser has no effect on Virgins streamed picture anyway!

Right, it seems to be the version of Edge i'm using, Edge Dev, that's either not compatible with the Virgin website or how Virgin streams the feed! If I manually resize the browser window and shrink it to about half size of the screen then it will show all the picture, but maximize the browser and it and it cuts off a fair bit of the right hand edge and the bottom of the picture! If I use the normal Edge browser and sign in / register the device it appears to work OK in full screen but it was so laggy so I closed and ran it again but it won't now recognize my device as being registered despite it saying it's the current device in device management? So now I'm a bit stuck as trying to troubleshoot using two versions of Edge browser is causing device registration issues!

It appears this is a Hardware Acceleration issue in Edge! If I disable Hardware Acceleration in Edge settings, then I can see the whole Sky Sports News screen when viewing full screen, except the stream stutters due to no Hardware Acceleration, but if I enable Hardware Acceleration the picture is zoomed in but plays without stutter! Disabling Hardware Acceleration also affects Edge Dev and the Windows App as they too will stutter with it disabled! I want to re-image my tablet and try Windows 10 Pro September 2022 update from our Office 365 / Volume Licensing portal but I'm prevented from doing that by Virgins silly device registration limits as it will see the same device as a 'new' device and force it to be registered again, and seeing as I've used up 4 registrations already (3 for the same device and 1 other for a separate PC) I won't be able to test Edge / Edge Dev or the Windows App, so I'm really stuffed!! Unless someone at Virgin can delete my 3 registrations I can't test Windows 10 Pro!

Just to add, it appears the board is now ignoring all line spaces in my posts and lumping everything as one paragraph which makes it harder to read!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Web-Junkie wrote:
 I want to re-image my tablet and try Windows 10 Pro September 2022 update from our Office 365 / Volume Licensing portal but I'm prevented from doing that by Virgins silly device registration limits as it will see the same device as a 'new' device and force it to be registered again, and seeing as I've used up 4 registrations already (3 for the same device and 1 other for a separate PC) I won't be able to test Edge / Edge Dev or the Windows App, so I'm really stuffed!! Unless someone at Virgin can delete my 3 registrations I can't test Windows 10 Pro!

Hi @Web-Junkie 

Go ahead and reimage yuor tablet with the Windows 10 Pro September 2022 update

Once you've done that come back here and one of the Forum Team should pick up your post and reset the devices for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

If you haven't reset them before then it should give you the option to replace a device with another. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

Hi @Web-Junkie, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues viewing TV go on your windows tablet.  Have you checked here, for any help and tips?  Also, please can you advise if you're having the same issues on any other devices?

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks for the replies i'll give it a bash! Good reason to get the latest Widows 10 version anyway!