cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Yesterday channel now only viewable on TV box?

GreengiantVM
Dialled in

I have been watching my Yesterday channel recordings quite happily up to last week on the TVGO App.

Now it says this channel is restricted to TV box only.

What is the point in that?

Now to watch my recordings I will have to battle my wife and daughters for TV time, which I have zero to no chance!

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @GreengiantVM,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with Yesterday recordings at the moment.

Is the issue with recordings and live TV or just recordings?

Is this with any particular show or does it happen to all the recordings that you want to watch?

Regards,

Steven_L

I don't watch live through the App, only recordings.

It is affecting some programs on the Yesterday Channel, but not all. Bangers & Cash Restoring Classics was fine last weaken the first episode, now the second episode is set top box only.

Below is a screen grab of some of my recordings to show what I mean.

Martin

Screendump - 1.jpg

Hey Martin, thanks for coming back to us. Great channel choice btw 🙂

This would be due to licensing as some can only be watched on the TV, not on the app.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

How come all my recordings of Bangers & Cash I have watched in the App, but now when I go and look at them they are saying TV only.

The new series Bangers and Cash Classic Restorations I was able to watch episode 1 in the App, but episode 2 has to be on the TV. I really do not understand why the channel puts on these restrictions. If anything it makes me less likely to watch them.

Martin

Morning Martin, whilst I appreciate the frustration, that would purely be down to licensing. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill