cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I watch recorded programs on i-pad with Virgin Go TV

DEWEYD
On our wavelength

Trying to watch recorded programs on my i-pad with Virgin TV Go but it comes up with message saying "TURN ON VIRGIN TV BOX" The box is on!!! This happens most times but then another day it will let me watch them.!! What is going on?? Can it be fixed? Or is this an ongoing problem?

Hope someone can help 

Cheers

27 REPLIES 27

DEWEYD
On our wavelength
Sorry for shouting!! I am new to this. I managed to get the screen up and it does show unknown against CPE IP. I don't know how to connect disconnect TV360 from the Virgin TV Go. Can you show me that please?
I take it that once I get it to show a number against the CPE IP then I can take note of it and insert it the next time it shows unknown and it should cure this problem?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The second screenshot in message 8 in this thread shows how to connect.

Press the icon to the left of the search icon at the top right of the Virgin TV Go app then press the name of your TV 360. This should connect your VirginTV Go app to your TV 360.

Once connected, you can disconnect by pressing the name of your TV 360 then pressing Disconnect.

Press name of TV 360Press name of TV 360Press DisconnectPress Disconnect

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DEWEYD
On our wavelength
Thanks for that. I tried this morning to watch programs on i-pad but when checking diagnostics it showed CPE IP as unknown. just now I have gone back in and the i-pad let me watch recorded programs. So I went straight to diagnostics and there was a number against the CPE IP. So I guess now that when ever I can't watch programs on I-pad I can go to diagnostics and enter the number I have now written down and saved.
Hopefully problem solved , all thanks to you!!. I will confirm to you if this is case in the next few days. At this moment I thank you ever so much for coming back to me each time with answers. Much appreciated

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, you can’t simply enter the CPE IP because there’s no way to do that and anyway it can change potentially.

The Virgin TV Go app gets this CPE IP when it first communicates with the TV 360 but sometimes for some reason it doesn’t get it and this error is the result.

To be honest, @Kath_F  @ModTeam  , it really is time that your developers got a handle on this bug and fixed it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

DEWEYD
On our wavelength
Hi, Yeah just found out you cannot enter a number in that field. It must be a big bad bug as this happens ALL the time. I wish I had never gone for the TV 360 and stuck with tivo box which is/was excellent with no problems. I once again thank you for your assistance with this and hope the developers pull their finger out, as after all we are paying big bucks for their services which are falling short of the mark

DEWEYD
On our wavelength
You must have read my postings and the problem we are having with the i-pad connection to be able to watch recorded programs on it and the responses I have had from Ernie C who has been most helpful. But there is still a problem with it and needs sorting out . Surely other users must be having similar experiences with i-pad connection.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This issue is just so intermittent and hence very frustrating for anyone wanting to use this facility.

It doesn’t bother me at all as I never watch recordings on my iPad.

As an example, from a few minutes ago. Mine showed Unknown then a minute later showed a correct IP, after, on this occasion, connecting and disconnecting (didn’t fix it) then closing and opening the app (did correct it).

Note the times on these two screenshots:

BEFOREBEFOREAFTERAFTER

Hi DEWEYD,

So I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

DEWEYD
On our wavelength

Sorry to hear that you are having same trouble but Virgin don't seem to think it's a problem!! Albeit it is for us!!! Someone name Alex from Virgin messaged me to try and help with  the problem but they gave up without really solving anything. Oh for my Tivo box!!! And don't get me started on the remote that lights up for a nanno second and you then press the wrong button (watch tv in the dark)

DEWEYD
On our wavelength

Still having this problem which I first complained about in December 2021. This seems to be a problem within many other virgin customers according to the messages I have seen on this community forum over the past few weeks. I even bought a new i-pad thinking maybe my 5 year old i-pad wasn't compatible with the new technology within the 360 box. Wrong!!! The problem is still there i.e. unable to watch saved programs on my i-pad as the CPE IP in diagnostics displays  "UNKNOWN" on a regular basis. This surely is a software problem within the 360 box and not a matter of not having wire connections properly plugged into the 360 box!!.The virgin app  is called Virgin TV GO but how can that be when one cannot "GO" into the next room and watch saved programs on an i-pad.!! The Virgin advertised the 360 box as an upgrade to the existing Tivo box but how can that be when more features were removed than given. Imagine entering an aircraft and informed you had been upgraded to first class and found you were to be  sitting on orange boxes!!! This problem should be a priority with the Virgin technology department to sort out pronto or give me back my Tivo box!!!