cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can’t I play box sets and movies on virgin tv go

Ro023wa
Joining in

I can’t play any box sets or movies on virgin tv go app. Live tv works fine and I have already uninstalled and reinstalled app with no change.

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, do you have box-sets & Sky Cinema (I presume that's what you mean by "movies" - if not, what is?) in your TV package? Easy to tell - can you view them on your set-top-box? Box-sets are only included in Maxit/XL TV-tier, Sky Cinema is an add-on but included in Ultimate Oomph - linear channels are 401 upwards.

On the basis that you do... what happens when you try to watch one of these programmes? Do you get any error codes/messages? If so, what....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your response Japitts, I have the top package with sky sports and cinema, which I can watch on live tv on app.  I can select boxsets and movies but there are no options to play, just to share or add to wish list.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can't deduce if this is a possible listings issue with your app - that you're not finding content that's available - or something else.

Try loading the app, and use the search bar for (picking something completely at random) New Amsterdam. S1 E1 is the first result (all the rest available at the bottom), and the option to "watch" is there with the red play icon.

Do you get this? Edited to also ask - are you a TiVo/V6 or a 360 user? If you're not sure, check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks