cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the app for the AppleTV 4K

handsomeinked
Up to speed

Given Sky have finally allowed the Sky Go app to be installed on AppleTV 4K, why hasn’t Virgin Media followed suit? It seems crazy that I could use the Sky Go app on the AppleTV 4K, watching pretty much everything in their library (with a couple of exceptions) however I have no such option with Virgin. Are we really still in a position of where Sky leads Virgin follow….. EVENTUALLY!?

I’m not holding my breath but it would be nice to be able to watch a film on the TV in the bedroom without depriving someone downstairs of stream.

It’s always best to be positive but we all have crappy days.

VM Hub5 on Gig1, Etc etc

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media Gig1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi handsomeinked, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're unhappy that we don't currently have our app on the AppleTV 4K and for any inconvenience it may be causing you.  I can pass this on as feedback, to the relevant teams.  I would also say that any possible future developments would be announced, here.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi handsomeinked, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're unhappy that we don't currently have our app on the AppleTV 4K and for any inconvenience it may be causing you.  I can pass this on as feedback, to the relevant teams.  I would also say that any possible future developments would be announced, here.

Regards

Lee_R

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @handsomeinked 

You could always take out a subscription for a second set top box. The additional box is free if you take out the Ultimate Volt bundle and may be more cost efficient than your current offering.

The latest news updates for both VM and O2 are available on the following page.

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Can you have more than one streambox? Also the upside of having the app installed on AppleTV if I go to visit family I can take it with me as they aren’t on Virgin, rather than hooking the laptop up to the TV. 

It’s always best to be positive but we all have crappy days.

VM Hub5 on Gig1, Etc etc

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media Gig1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @handsomeinked 

I'm afraid the Stream box is one per household and can't be taken alongside any other VM TV box.

AppleTV is available on a range of smart TV's.

Do you have a firestick?  The AppleTV app is available to download from the Amazon app store <<< here >>> 

That would solve the portable needs. The firestick is currently full price but it's often reduced in price.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali