cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Virgin media is in standby why doesn’t my Virgin app work?

smhlondon
Tuning in

I’ve noticed this for a while now. When my Virgin media box is on standby the Virgin media app on my phone using the remote control service doesn’t allow it to be switched on via the app? 
Also on a similar subject whenever I’m  away from home this also won’t allow me to setup recordings or even watch from my device? My devices are the latest Apple plus the apps are all updated with the new versions. 

10 REPLIES 10

VM-Alex
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Smhlondon,

Which box are you using the TiVo V6 with the curvy remote or the TV360 with the microphone remote? 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Jaylin567
Tuning in

@smhlondon wrote:

I’ve noticed this for a while now. When my Virgin media box is on standby the Virgin media app on my phone using the remote control service doesn’t allow it to be switched on via the app? 
Also on a similar subject whenever I’m  away from home this also won’t allow me to setup recordings or even watch from my device? My devices are the latest Apple plus the apps are all updated with the new versions.  My Gift Card Site

I additionally went confronting a fundamentally vague issue at any rate whatsoever point it is agreed to me. Much appreciation to you for the help.

Hi it’s the TivoV6 with the curvy remote 

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have the standby at the lowest setting, "eco low power" I think its called the box won't talk to the app, you need to leave it in "low power" or what the level above is called 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for this will change my settings 👍🏼

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On a V6 box power-saving needs to be set to "Connected low power" to enable remote access. "Eco low-power" won't allow remote functions to work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi @smhlondon thanks for getting back to us.

And a big thanks to our fantastic community members for their assistance.  Has the advice resolved your issue?  Please do let us know.

Regards

Lee_R

Yes thank you for all replied. 

however I did discover this recently after being away a couple of days. To which I still could not access my media box away. After removing the eco settings etc I’m still getting this with this explanation? I thought the whole purpose to access this was when your away using either your on phone network or another parties wifi you can still access this? 

A653E8EB-0618-43FE-AB5E-006116DDE304.jpeg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To live-stream recordings you need to be on the same home network as your TiVo/V6, this is part of the licencing conditions.

You can download recordings to the app whilst at home, for offline viewing later.

You can live stream broadcast channels & VoD using TV-Go.

You can set, manage & delete recordings remotely using TV Control.