Menu
PL777
Tuning in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Walking Dead on Virgin Go

Can anyone advise what has happened to the Walking Dead box set on Virgin Go. Has been fine last couple of weeks showing all episodes, then after watching S7 E6, all of a sudden E7 has gone. Now only showing episodes 1-6 of all series? 

0 Kudos
PL777
Tuning in
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Walking Dead on Virgin Go

And now the content has reduced further!! Only showing episodes 1-5 of all series now.

Even more annoyingly, still no response from a Virgin representative and unable to get through by phone to anyone that can help. If i'm at home, then i can access all episodes without issue on my V6 box. But i'm trying to watch this whilst away so rely on the Virgin Go service. Full content also available on the Go App, but this would mean watching on a small portable device and, of course, you cannot airplay content to a larger screen for a decent viewing.

Why is only the desktop of Virgin Go experiencing this issue and why has it not been resolved or even acknowledged yet? This has been ongoing for a week now!

Instead of sending me messages congratulating me for joining the community and celebrating my amazing achievement of posting for the first time why cant you seem to put your efforts into fixing an issue that is preventing me from accessing the content that i pay you an absolute fortune for each month!

0 Kudos
PL777
Tuning in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Posted most of this on another thread by another user regarding the same issue but thought i would update here too in case anyone is interested or struggling with the same issue...

Issue does not occur on App or On Demand accessed through Tivo/V6 Box. Issue only present when accessing Virgin Go desktop version through web browser.

Spoke to various members of staff over the phone and unsurprisingly, its been a very frustrating experience. Continuous hand offs to another department without capturing notes of issue. No communication, meaning i had to keep explaining what the issue was each time.

The most amazing thing with this though is the lack of knowledge posessed by supposed technical teams. Despite clearly explaining the issue, each person followed the usual tedious script blindly, clearly not identifying that i had answered all of their questions in my summary and had ruled out all of the basic troubleshooting responses. And to top it all off, its frankly embarrassing when i have to explain to your own technical department that the Virgon Go App is not the same platform as that accessed through a web browser on a desktop/laptop. Literallly, had a five minute argument with 2 different members of staff who tried to tell me that Virgin Go is purely an app and if they can see the missing episodes on the App then there is no issue. Eventually was passed to someone who began to listen (after again arguing the facts at first), he then took the steps of understanding what i was saying and loading up a browser to see if what i was saying was correct. Upon discovering the issue i had reported for himself, he then dissapeared for ages to go and talk to another technical member who actually knew what i was talking about and confirmed that their are two GO platforms, one app, one browser based. Content should be synced between two, but clearly isnt.

This has now been raised internally for resolution. However, i was advised it may take weeks to fix, but hopefully days.

The issue itself is bad enough for a company of this size, but excusable if dealt with professionally. The time it will now take to resolve the issue, is shocking. The fact i had to not only explain to your staff how to do their job, but that they were prepared to argue that i was wrong, despite clearly not having a clue themselves, is frankly a joke. Whats the point in having a technical department who have no technical knowledge. Following a pre-defined script does not mean you are qualified to provide assistance. Stop cutting corners and invest in your staff to allow them to do the job you employ them for.

And provide your customers with the services they pay for! Its already over a week that i have been missing this content. And looks like potentially a few more weeks before its resolved. Shall i cancel my Direct Debit untill i receive the package i am paying for???

Looks like someone may be doing something in the background as episodes 6 have now re-appeared. In Series 5, 6 has been replaced by 10, so you now have 1-5 + 10. Not that this makes anything any better!

Before i sign off my rant though, I just want to say that after an hour and 20 odd minutes on the phone trying to get this resolved, and a week of frustration, i actually had no energy left to erupt over the final pain point. It was by this point, laugh, or cry, so i had to laugh it off... the final staff member i spoke to was in all fairness, so much better than evryone else i had the pleasure of dealing with. Thats not an endorsement of excellence though. As above, he eventually listened, saw the issue first hand and acknowledged his lack of understanding. At this point, i was almost hopeful. Then the resolution ETA killed any optimism that had been restored. But the cherry on top... A simple request from a customer raising a complaint... "please can you notify me when you have resolved the issue?" Surely this would be standard practice? But NO! the response received was that i would be better off manually refreshing the page until i saw the issue had been fixed! Despite a potential resolution being a few weeks away!! Are you actually kidding me? So i will just sit here hitting F5 for the next few weeks shalll i! Customer service, and technical support at its very worst.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi PL777,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.

This is a known issue that we're currently working to resolve, the fix date I have at the moment is for the 16th of March.

Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing and this should be resolved for you soon.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JGhulam
Joining in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hit the nail on the head I see.......totally get everything you said, fair play for keeping at it, they must know what the issue is, it's as plain as the nose on your face. It's like customers are the beta testers for Virgin Media. I once had a call rep tell me I was wrong and what I was looking at just simply didn't exist, I let them remote access my PC, couldn't stop laughing when they were apologising to me. Oh well, just have to watch the Chelsea v Barca game tonight.....if it works lol

0 Kudos
PL777
Tuning in
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for responding. Fingers crossed full service is resumed on the expected date.

On a side note, whilst trying to resolve this issue I have registered too many devices and now cannot switch back to my primary device until the 1st April. Is this something you can resolve for me? Would be nice to get this done in time for the resolution of the original issue.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

@PL777wrote:

Thank you for responding. Fingers crossed full service is resumed on the expected date.

On a side note, whilst trying to resolve this issue I have registered too many devices and now cannot switch back to my primary device until the 1st April. Is this something you can resolve for me? Would be nice to get this done in time for the resolution of the original issue.

@Rose_B or another staff member should be able to reset your device registrations for you.

PL777
Tuning in
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

@Rose_B Are you able to advise please? Was hoping to get this resolved ASAP. Also, could you provide an update regarding the original issue please. Just seen on another thread that the review date for this issue is now the 19th??

0 Kudos
PL777
Tuning in
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Issue still not resolved and no further updates!

No response regarding my device registration issue either.

Why does it take so long to respond to a simple query? You'd think that when a customer had made a genuine complaint there would be some effort to try and rectify the issue. 

0 Kudos
PL777
Tuning in
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

@Rose_B Issue still not resolved, any update?

0 Kudos