cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirginToGo all devices used up AGAIN

RapsUK
On our wavelength

Hi Before Christmas I contacted VM support for this problem. I'm getting that all device slots have been used although I only have two trying to connect.

It has registered my mobile phone with no issue but when it comes to my PC it will not register, so much so that it even tries to connects MY COMPUTER MOZILA FIREFOX. That's not even the name of my machine so I just don't know what's happening. It's telling me that I have to try again in 27 days.

But when it tried with one open slot its wouldn't log at all. This is happening very often and it would seem there's no permanent fix.

Would it be possible for Admin To take a look and try and fix the error, please? I'm using Firefox on a Windows 10 Home PC.

ThanksScreenshot 2021-01-05 171107.jpg

Im not saying im the best but im in the top one
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi RapsUK,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry to hear you still haven't been able to get your TV go issue resolved and will have to wait 27 days for a refresh.

In regards to your device via internet explorer showing a new device each time you go on, this can happen if your history is cleared by software or manually as it doesn't remember the device.

I will be more than happy to reset the devices for you, so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Hey - do you think there needs to be a sticky somewhere to tell people *not( to set their browsers to clear third-party cookies by default and also to warn them to not clear any cookies already set. These are default options sometimes if you choose to "clear browser history" and don't deselect the stored-data/cookies option.
----------------------------------------------------------

2020 Tivo-scaling bug (nearly resolved)

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Cheyenne62
Joining in

I have the same problem suddenly after restarting my pc all my device slots are used up, I only use Chrome and now I can not watch telly it says I can not replace devices for 27 days. Can someone please reset my devices

RapsUK
On our wavelength
This is a constant problem for me and to be honest, I'm really p***ed off with the lack of help over the phone

Hi RapsUK,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with the Tv Go App. 

From looking at the photo you've provided it shows that the service in continually being access on 1 device via 1 web browser. 

It's likely that the web browser is cleared of data after every use so this will register as a new device each times. 

^Martin

RapsUK
On our wavelength
Many thanks, Martin for your welcome and reply.
This is a continuous problem but I'm more puzzled than it says My Computer, but that's not what they call my PC the only correct one in the list is my mobile phone. And I don't seem to be getting anywhere I can't be waiting 30 days every time it's crazy and it needs sorting once and for all

RapsUK
On our wavelength
Had someone from the Tech team call me from VM. Forgive my next few comments as they will make me look like a racist but I'm really far from it.
It's always some from another country and they really don't understand what the hell your talking about. I had previously spoken to a fella from Barnsley over the phone and he understood in an instance.
And he was a great help unlike the caller today who,
A could not even say my Name which happened repeatedly and is so annoying.
B Did not understand me when I said that TVgo just keeps taking all my slots but will not allow me to watch any programs When I click to register my PC in either MS explorer or firefox it comes straight back and asks me to register the same device that I had just tried until it uses all the slot and I still cannot watch anything. All I got from the tech was, I've used all my slot and have to wait now till 12th Feb.

I finished up so irate I had to end the call before my head exploded.
That is another 25 minutes of my life I won't get back no point phoning when you can't understand the customer .GREAT

Hi RapsUK,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry to hear you still haven't been able to get your TV go issue resolved and will have to wait 27 days for a refresh.

In regards to your device via internet explorer showing a new device each time you go on, this can happen if your history is cleared by software or manually as it doesn't remember the device.

I will be more than happy to reset the devices for you, so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

RapsUK
On our wavelength
Thank would be a massive help. Very much appreciated

RapsUK
On our wavelength
I would like to thank Paul_DN for all the help that has been given in helping to solve my problem.
I am extremely grateful for taking the time to help me with this problem.
All the best
RapsUK

Hi RapsUK,

You are very welcome, if you have any further issues please let us know.

Regards

Paul.