Menu
Highlighted
JT1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin tvgo

Can I watch sky sports 1  on my iPad at the same time as my son watches it on his laptop. Both devices show as registered

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin tvgo

Sky will now only allow you to view on ONE device at a time, no matter how many are registered.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
JT1
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a lot. Does that apply to BT Spirt as well?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @JT1

You can watch TVGO on 2 devices at any one time 🙂 

Cheers!

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JT1
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie 

now I’m confused. An earlier post said Sky will only let me watch on one device at any one time. Does that mean you can’t watch the SAME programme on two devices at the same time or you can’t watch TWO DIFFERENT programmes on two devices at the same time and is it the same for BTSport?

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi JT1

Sky will only allow you to use one device for their Sky Sports App - TVGO is separate and we allow 2 devices at any one time 🙂 

Hope that helps 🙂 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JT1
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie 

thanks a lot. Just to confirm, if my son and I both use TVGO, we can both watch the same Sky Sports programme if he is in his bedroom on his laptop and I am in another room on my iPad?

Thanks

Jimmy 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@JT1 wrote:

Hi Katie 

thanks a lot. Just to confirm, if my son and I both use TVGO, we can both watch the same Sky Sports programme if he is in his bedroom on his laptop and I am in another room on my iPad?

Thanks

Jimmy 

Sky Sports channels can ONLY be viewed via the Sky Sports app, not via TV GO. As stated before Sky only allow you to view on ONE device at a time, so the answer to the above is still no. You can view a Sky Sports channel on one device & a non Sky Sports channel (eg. BT Sports) on another, as the other channel is accessed via TV GO & not subject to Sky’s restrictions.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

JT1
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

thanks a lot. You’ve been a great help

jimmy

0 Kudos