cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin tv go

robpollock
Joining in

Hi 

I’m new to virgin tv…when I go and try and look at what’s available in the box set etc or some recordings I have made it tells me “only available on virgin tv box  you can’t wTch on tvgo .watching tv on my iPad in bed was a big pull to me getting the service as the main box is in a different room ..is there a work around?

thanks

Rob

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is a broadcaster imposed restriction, not a Virgin restriction, so recordings from some channels will work, but not others.

The same goes for downloading programmes to your iPad. Content on some channels will, others won't.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @robpollock 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the TVGO app when watching your recordings. As our VIP has very kindly advised there are some restriction unfortunately on some channels which might be the cause of your error. 

Do you find that that you are able to watch recordings from other channels okay or at this time do you not have any other recordings to check?  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carly,

I initially had two issues first one was that Wi-Fi didn’t reach my bed room ..but a pod sorted that ..then I found a lot of my recordings say only available in virgin tv box

its not all recordings but a quite a lot also I see on demand stuff same issue ..I have access to a sky Q box and they have full access to all recordings and on demand box sets etc just wondering why virgin tv don’t have this ..otherwise a happy camper with virgin 360 box love  the layout and interface is slick.

thanks

Rob

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sadly this is where Sky has its finger in a lot of pies. Their agreements with the broadcasters include a lot of other exclusive bits & pieces that VM cannot get. Like for instance the latest IP stream boxes. Sky’s stream boxes can be used on any internet connection. With Virgin’s you are tied to using it on Virgin Broadband only.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks