cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin tv go

collabro1984
Joining in

Does anyone know why when I want to use virgin TV go it tells me I need to be connected to the same network as my TV 360 box 

6 REPLIES 6

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to provide more information.

What are you trying to do with the Virgin TV Go app?

Where are you? At home on the same network as the TV 360 or remote from the TV 360?
Which device are you running the Virgin TV Go app on?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would fully expect this behaviour from TV Go if you're trying to stream a recording (stored on your 360) whilst away from your home network.

Otherwise, I'll defer to Ernie's questions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I'm running it on an android phone away from home which I thought the idea of virgin TV go was to be used remotely 

@Ernie_C wrote:

You need to provide more information.

What are you trying to do with the Virgin TV Go app?

Where are you? At home on the same network as the TV 360 or remote from the TV 360?
Which device are you running the Virgin TV Go app on?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can stream live TV programmes using TV Go anywhere in the UK that you have an internet connection.

Playing recordings that are stored on your set-top-box requires you to be connected to the same network as the box - in other words, at home.

Edited to add - you can also download some programmes whilst at home, to be stored on your device for offline viewing later.

Well to elaborate if I am trying to use the virgin TV go app remotely for the live TV it tells me I need to be connected to the same network I know what being connected to the same network means 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @collavro1984. 

I am really sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your TVGO services. 

Are you able to let me know if you have the latest version of the app downloaded?  When you are trying to stream the live TV are you on 4g/5g or WiFi? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M