cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin tv go on chromebook

loukerr65
On our wavelength

New customer and trying to watch virgin tv via the go app on a brand new chromebook. I can get it installed and launched but when I select anything it gives me the sorry can’t watch this content error. Everything is up to date, what is the problem? Can anyone help??

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @loukerr65 

Chromebooks aren't listed as compatable with VM TV Go.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-go-what-devices-can-i-use 

Have you tried using the web interface ?

http://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html 

You might also need open TV Go in an incognito window or tab.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Chrome is listed as supported but when I launch from there is just says to upgrade to latest version of browser, it’s is the latest version 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

in addition installed IE extension and no joy!! 

a Chromebook is a glorified Android tablet which is supported so what gives?? 

Hi @loukkerr65 thank you for posting! Sorry to hear of your issues with the TVgo app. 

Were you able to try using the web interface on the chromebook as suggested by @newapollo? (Thanks to them for their support so far!) Did it work via this?

I would also suggest checking that your full Name is the same in both your My Virgin Media account, and your TV go account. As this can also cause issues. 

Have you been able to access TV go on any other devices? Is it just the Chromebook that is having issues?

Let us know how you get on. All the best!

Molly

loukerr65
On our wavelength

hi molly-T

I’ve tried the web interface, Chrome on the chromebook, it is the latest version 96, on the chrome book and it’s says please go and update your software, I can’t it’s the latest version?! Surely others are posting the same issue with this Chrome version? 

the username and login are correct!

it works on my iPhone! 

Still no success!

Hi @loukerr65,

Have you attempted the incognito window or tab option as per @newapollo's advice?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@david_bn what is the incognito window, what do I need to do? 

thanks!

Tonight there was a chrome update and guess what it now works!

Also tried incognito mode and works there too with the update previously didn’t! 

latest version 97.0.4692.77

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @loukerr65 

Thanks for the update, really pleased to see it's working even though it's not officially supported.

Glad to see you managed to find the incognito window and it's working that way too.

Your extra advice about updating the Chrome browser should be very useful for others with the same problem

Stay safe and take care

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you to all! Appreciate the community support👍👍