cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin tv go device limit - all 5 same device

awmoore250505
Tuning in

Hi,

Whilst trying to watch BT sport via the virgin tv go app on my laptop i kept getting asked to register my laptop as a new device - this was surprising as i had already registered this device previously, no changes to devices had been made, and i'd had no problem watching a few days earlier.

The device showed as registered but the channel would not display, instead it asked again to register the device. This repeated 5 times until i received a message to say device limit reached. In my device settings i can see that my laptop and google chrome are registered as the same device 5 times yet this device will still not allow any channel to play - i get the message to say device limit reached and cannot register new device for a number of weeks more.

Can someone please help with resetting my devices and helping to avoid this problem repeating.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

hogan53
On our wavelength

Hi

Got the same problem.....been asking for help for 2 days!

Think you have had it mate....there doesn't seem to be anyone interested!

hoggie

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi awmoore250505,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry you are having problems with registered devices on TV go, you can find out more around this here .

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for replying. I'm familiar with the device management tab that your link directs me to. I'm not sure how this will resolve my issue. My issue was that tv go suddenly kept asking me to register a device i had already registered, without allowing me to start watching, and now i cant change the devices because the limit has been reached. I currently have the same device and browser registered 5 times and it wont let me make a change for a further 9 days.  

Can you help with resetting the devices.

Best wishes,

Adam

Hi awmoore250505,

I will be more than happy to reset these, some devices do show up as a new device's when logging in , so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Have exactly the same problem and no help anywhere. Same laptop registered 4 times and wont play 

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community forums, Waterloo15,

If you are still needing help with this, I can get them reset for you.

Cheers,

Corey C

Clearing, Cache, Cookies and Internet History and then logging into TV GO again will register another device even if it's the same. Another genius IDEA from Virgin removing their dedicated APP.

Hello Waterloo15

You sent me a private message advising Sky Sports would not allow you to sign in 

Have you been able to try again since your post 

We were aware of an issue with this, which has now been fixed 

Gareth_L

pwlr1966
Joining in

I have the same problem,

Registered 5 times on the same pc, now i cant clog in for a month, rubbish

Please help