cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin gp app problem

Ashrob24
Joining in

Does anyone else get this message when trying to watch programmes via iPad on the go app? 
‘this recording is only available on your home network, if you are at home, check that you are connected to the same network or ssid as your virgin tv box and that the go app has permission (which it does) 

?

16 REPLIES 16

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Matthew_ML 

I’m sorry but you are asking irrelevant questions.

The OP is clearly suffering the ‘CPE IP Unknown’ bug. This bears no relationship to the channel the recordings are from.

Please go and seek support from your second level technical support in order to put together a plan to investigate this issue. What is the PDSI approach for this error?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have done what Ernie said and still sale problem. I also do not have an active vpn

No it’s anything I try to watch. iPhone or iPad and has always happened

Thanks for your reply @Ashrob24, I'm sorry to see that this issue with TV GO has still not been resolved.

Just to confirm have you tried clearing the cache and cookies on the devices to see if this has made a difference? Also are you using your hub in modem mode or router mode?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I don’t know if this will help, but my set up is Hub4, 1Gig and TV 360 box which are at opposite corners of the house.

We recently installed a Virgin Pod in the same room as the TV box, which was intended to extend the wifi to our garden office and sheds, which it does. I have also found since then I am getting a 95%+ connection and play ability on the TVGO App. This leads me to suspect maybe it was the TV box going offline, hence the iPad could not see it to play recordings through the TVGO App?

Martin

Hi. 
o have cleared catche etc, how would I know if I’m in modem or router mode?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response Ashrob24,

You'd be able to find out whether the Hub is in router mode by accessing the Hub settings page via 192.168.0.1

Also what light is on your Hub?

Let us know,

Kain