cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin go

Sharratt2
On our wavelength

My virgin go app plays some bt sport channels but not bts1, these are all in my package and work on normal TV/ box 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this affect all programmes on BTS-1, or just specific ones?

There may be rights issues if only certain programmes are affected, but the error message should indicate this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

24 REPLIES 24

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this affect all programmes on BTS-1, or just specific ones?

There may be rights issues if only certain programmes are affected, but the error message should indicate this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Sharratt2
On our wavelength

Don't think it's rights as live football on bts2 played, other match wouldn't

Hi @Sharratt2 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the issue with BT Sport 1 on TV Go. 

What error message were you getting? Was any other channels affected as well?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Sharratt2
On our wavelength

Unsure of exact wording but "unable to play this channel" was gist...

Bts2 worked fine with other football match, so don't think it's live streaming permissions. Has happened before but I switched to main TV...only happened on V Go App

When you go to guide to list all bt sport you could see images for that channel, updating slowly bug not when channel selected 

Sharratt2
On our wavelength

Just to add that this only happened on 2nd device, ipad, main TV/ Box worked fine 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Were these two football games in the same tournament?

If some programmes play and others don't, then rights issues are potentially the most logical explanation here. Which specific games/programmes are you having issues with? Perhaps there's a pattern to it.

Thank you for that information. Can you confirm the device that is having the issue?

Do you know if it is affecting both the app and web browser version on that device?

^Martin

The device is my Ipad, using Virgin Go App. BT is included in my package and working fine through Tivo box on main TV. Trying to watch Btsport1 football live streaming but it was "unavailable at this time" even though other game live on bts2 worked fine. 

Hi Sharratt2 thanks for getting back to us.

Do you have any other devices that this could be tested on?  Also, how frequently has this happened in the past, please?

Regards

Lee_R