cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin go - unable to access recordings

Daniel169
Tuning in

the app often says ‘unable to access recording - you must be connected to you home network’ (it is connected to the home network) then after a few tries it might play. Then I can watch about 10 minutes fine and then playback stops and I am back to the same error. This is always the case across multiple Apple devices (iPhone 13 pro max, iPhone 8, iPad Pro and Gen 3 iPad)

yes I am:

• on the same network
  • Box is turned on
  • Local network enabled
  • on the latest iOS
  • on the latest version of the app
  • have signed out and back in
  • have restarted the device 

I just want to sit and watch the recordings at home while my other half watches something on the box.

6 REPLIES 6

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Daniel169, thanks for for reaching out on our help forums and for your first post.
A warm welcome to our community as well. 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the issues faced with accessing your recordings on the TV Go App, we'd love to best help out.

Could you please advise whether your TV box connects to the network wirelessly or via ethernet?
Also, is the portable device you're using the app on in the same room with your hub when playing these and are any other devices having issues connecting to the broadband from this location (e.g. drop-outs)?

Let us know more, we're here to assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Both are connected wirelessly. I am sitting in the same room.

No devices are having internet issues, the box has all services running and all mobile devices are able to play live tv or any other online devices whilst connected to the Wi-Fi. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there, 

Many apologies for this Daniel169, to clarify is this happening on every recording made?

Regards,

Kain

Yes, on ever recording.

Thank you for that information. To confirm, is this happening on the web browser version as well?

^Martin

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Daniel169 wrote:

Both are connected wirelessly. I am sitting in the same room.

No devices are having internet issues, the box has all services running and all mobile devices are able to play live tv or any other online devices whilst connected to the Wi-Fi. 

VMs hubs operate on two WiFi bands, 2.4 & 5 Ghz. Sometimes cross networking can cause this issue (ie. if the box is operating on 2.4 & the device on 5 or vice versa). Might be worth giving the networks different names & forcing all the kit onto one WiFi band.

Either its that or the dreaded CPE IP error again 🙄

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Go-Not-on-home-network/td-p/5277436 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks