cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin go - can't watch recordings

cobs1909
Joining in

I'm using android on the go app and it won't let me watch recordings. It shows the below message. I am connected to the network so don't know what's wrong.

Screenshot_20210723-221239_Virgin TV Go.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

cobs1909
Joining in

My virgin connect can't find my hub. I'm connected to the WiFi but it still can't find it.

I've reset my android device, reset hub and still nothing

TheCaddy
Tuning in

I'm not 100% sure  but I think you need to use the Virgin TV control app to watch recordings off your box

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have a V6 box, then you need to use TV-Control to view your recordings and manage your box, but if you have a 360, this function is carried out by TV-Go. The two boxes are physically identical, but the software & remote are totally different - you can check here if you're not sure.

On the assumption that you're using the correct app for your box type, is your mobile device on the same subnet as your box? In other words, in your router - all your devices are allocated a 192.168.0.xyz address - the xyz can & will differ, but the rest of the IP address must be the same. This is how the "connected to the same network as your box" is enforced.

The quickest way to check will be in your router's "connected devices" options.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cobs1909,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you appear to be having some issues to view your recordings. 

Can you confirm if you are using the correct app as per the info provided by @japitts

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm using the virgin go app as much box isn't compatible with the control app. I have also checked ip addresses and they match too.

It did work before but for since Friday nothing.

Thanks

Thanks for confirming @cobs1909

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Yes that's the first thing I did. I checked for any updates. Restarted my hub and TV box. Still nothing 

Can you check if you have the latest version of the app? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team