cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin go app too many devices

bcorrighan
Joining in

Hi 

I am unable to log in on chrome to tv go app, it works fine on my phone but when I go to watch it on the computer on chrome and edge it just says registering and then too many devices, I watched this go on from 2 devices to five and now can't use it!

I had to get this reset last month for the same reason, via the text service. 

Any support would be great.

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

Hello LukeEyre01

Sorry to hear of the Virgin TV Go registration issues you've been experiencing but thank you for taking the time to raise this via the forum and welcome to the community!

We've recently made some changes in regards to the devices and registration that should have fixed the issue you've been experiencing. We've reset your devices allowance and we would appreciate it if you could monitor this going forward and let us know here if you experience any further issues.

Thanks

Rob

Hello DiscPete

As per my previous post in regards to the device allowance issues for TV Go, I have also reset your allowance today following the recent changes made.

If you could monitor this going forward and let us know if you have any issues, thanks

Rob 

Hi Robert, 

It’s all working now, thank you.

Luke

Great news Luke, if you could monitor it going forward and let us know if you still get multiple registration for the same device that would be great 🙂

Rob

Can you reset my devices as well please.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cobopops,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your first post, we really appreciate it! 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will send you a Private Message so we can reset your devices for the TVGo App.

Please keep an eye out on a purple envelope at the top of your forum page and I will be in touch soon.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

We are also having this issue. We just spent 40 minutes on the phone to Virgin and nobody could help us reset our devices. Please can you help?! 
Thanks, Nancy

Hi @N_2604

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you were having a similar issue.

I have been able to take a look at things backend and I can see you have been in contact with our team regarding this. Do you need any further help? Is the issue fully resolved?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua_A,

Thanks for your reply. We’re still having issues - nobody has called us back yet!

I have not used TV Go since about October/November and yet when I went to use it today it said that I could only register one more device as I have four registered already. I decided not to use this last one up as I know that in a few weeks I will have more of a need.

The thing is that firstly there is no option to delete a previous device, secondly all four devices are in fact the same laptop which has always been used in my house on the same router, thirdly there is no date showing as to when a device can be replaced and lastly before giving me advice about not deleting cookies let me confirm that I have not done that as I don't want to lose saved sign in's on other sites.

Just out of interest I have scrolled through three pages of posts on this site and the one that reoccurs time after time after time is people suffering with too many devices registered. Just a piece of friendly advice but when a problem occurs that's out of the ordinary fixing it for that individual is the right way to go when it becomes clear that pretty much everyone seems to be suffering from a problem then in my world that means you get to the root cause of the problem and solve that.

Ever since Virgin Media went onto the TV Go and TV Control Apps its been a poor product, you cant use TV Control on a PC/Laptop only on a mobile phone which is crazy and it seems you have to have very up to date Android software. I have a Samsung S4 which is a mainstream and still popular device but because the software is a few years old TV Control wont work on it. The old "TV Anywhere" was a solid product that worked pretty much flawlessly and you can control everything from you PC/Laptop.

For the eye watering amount that we now all pay for Virgin when competition from streaming channels and Sky is so much cheaper we should be getting better products. Overall I do think that Virgin "OFFERS" better value for money but does not always deliver on those offers. Paying such high prices wears a bit thin when the actual product (like TV Go) does not live up to its promise on quality and ease of use.

I am not "Having a go" but simply offering some friendly and honest advice, if your going to charge premium prices then everything has to work as the customer expects it to.

Kind regards

Richard