cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin go app too many devices

bcorrighan
Joining in

Hi 

I am unable to log in on chrome to tv go app, it works fine on my phone but when I go to watch it on the computer on chrome and edge it just says registering and then too many devices, I watched this go on from 2 devices to five and now can't use it!

I had to get this reset last month for the same reason, via the text service. 

Any support would be great.

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

bcorrighan
Joining in

After over an hour waiting to speak to tech support they sorted it out but still doesn't seem to work on google chrome. So my advice is don't use it with chrome! 

Switch to Internet Explorer. It has been working fine for me via IE for over a week now.

Read my thread headed - "Possible Solution for Device Registration Issues"

I will give it a bump to move it up to the top of this page.

I'm having the same issue as many others. I have had no issues previously watching TV on the Go on my computer or iPad. I have neither changed my computer or iPad for several years. Suddenly last weekend I was requested to register devices and before I know it I've too many devices registered. I cannot delete or access them until November it seems. This is plainly wrong, so please can I be reset back to when things were running swimmingly.

Melissa_F

Hi All, 

Thanks for your posts. 

We’ve been made aware of an issue with TV Go where you’re unable to watch on a device that has been registered even though it has been used before on PC or MacBook. This can cause all slots and changes for the month to be used. You’re currently allowed 5 devices with 3 changes per month. 

This is caused when the cookies and cache for TV Go are removed / deleted. This is not a fault and is working as expected. To avoid the situation you simply need to change the settings on your browser to keep the cookies active for TV Go.

If you do need your devices resetting, then please let me know and I can do that for you.

Thanks

Melissa

PhilT81
On our wavelength

Hi,

I just tried to use Go on my new iPhone. I logged in to the app ok but when I attempted to watch a live tv channel (Sky Bews) it said I was watching on too many devices and I should close one. This is the only device registered. It was on my old iPhone but that was wiped and someone else is using that, but not Go. Device manager has it listed as the only device. 

Phil

Hi PhilT81

Thanks for posting. Not to worry about that I'll PM you now to reset

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi, I'm having the same issue, could I get the fix as well please (I have an android device).

Regards,

-Peter.

i have the same issues can you sort this for me?

i now have to wait until march before i can watch bt sports etc  on my chromebook 

this time it did not even give me an option for register a new device 

Hi,

I’m having the same problem, I have just got the app and it says too many devices, this is the only device connected as I only got the virgin installed today.

Thanks