cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin go app and Sky Soprts

PeteH890
Joining in

I have seen various discussions regarding Sky Sports not working on the Virgin go app.

I am now have the same problem.

I have a new iPad Pro (2021 version 3) and has been working perfectly till approx 48 hours ago.

Message I get is video not available there are issues try again later.

Having read the many solutions offered and have tried all of these without success.

Rebooted, deleted both Virgin go and Sky apps, logged in via Sky app (using Virgin login screen), yes it in my contract.

I it works on my phone, other iPad Air (iOS 12) also works on my son in laws. Ipad

All devices have the most up to date iOS they can

Have tried to delete my devices to start again but don’t seem to be able to only replace.

Am sure this is a simple fix but confused.com, any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PeteH890

Welcome to the community 

Sorry to hear you're having issues accessing Sky Sports at this time.

Sky sports will need to be access via the Sky Sports app itself rather than on the Virgin Media TVGO app. Can you confirm that you have been using Sky Sports app to access the Sky Sports programmes?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have any type of VPN installed, such as Norton 360, you will need to turn this off to view the Live Sky Sports channels.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yep have tried using Sky app

Pete H

Was working fine with VPN on until recently.

Have tried to turn off in settings but quickly automatically re connects 

Have now found out how to turn off VPN and can now watch SKY sports

Thank you for in put

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us @PeteH890 and I'm glad to hear that you have been able to get your issues resolved with the assistance from @nodrogd.

Regards,

Steven_L