cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Tv go app registers new device every time

ElZilch0
Tuning in

So I have the virgin tv go app on my iPad and on my laptop

on my windows laptop it always asks me to sign in, which is annoying in itself . It also asks me to register a new device every time

3 of my 5 Devices are now the same laptop and I’m worried that if I log in on my laptop one more time I won’t be able to again as will have reached my limit

17 REPLIES 17

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ElZilch0 

You need to use the same browser each time on your laptop/PC.

Using a different browser, clearing cookies or using incognito mode will be seen as a different device.

You can whitelist various websites so that the cookies/data aren't deleted.

How you  do this depends upon the particular browser you are using.

For instance if using Chrome you could for download and use an extension such as the vanilla-cookie-manager/ 

When you open the extension just add virgintvgo.virginmedia.com to the whitelist.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey Dave

thanks for the reply I really appreciate it

the thing is, im not accessing through a browser, it’s using the virgin media go app for windows on my laptop, so every time I open the app it asks me to sign in, then register new device and uses up one of my devices 

Hi @ElZilch0

Welcome to the community 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your TVGo registering your device when ever you access.

You will have to keep the cookies for the site on your laptop/PC or MacBook or it will register as a new device every time and use up all of your available changes. More info on this can be found here.

TV customers can have up to 5 different compatible devices signed up to the TV Go service and use the app at one time, with the ability to make adjustments to their registered devices 3 times in one month. Instructions on how a customer can register a device or replace a registered device can be found here.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

OK same has happened to me as well. So now i'll have to wait to beginning of next month as i,m maxed out?

Hey @mgmsmart1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TV go app at the moment, I can reset your devices from here, if you'd like me to do so?

I will need to take some details via private message, if you want me to reset your devices let me know and I will send over a message for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @mgmsmart1.

I have now reset all the devices attached to your TV go account, you will now need to register each device that you wish to use going forward.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L 

Thanks Steven, but how do i stop my laptop being registered as a new device every time I log in. I'm using chrome or virgin go app on windows

Hi mgmsmart1, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

In order for the TV Go system to recognise the device, you'll need to ensure that you accept all cookies and ensure these are not deleted or refreshed each time you close your browser. Make sure you're using the same browser too.

If it continues then it's likely a setting on your browser or if you have an Anti - virus software in place it could be related to this. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

they keep telling you to accept cookies but that isnt the problem, it does it every time

My advice is to bin off the app if you're using a laptop and use something like firefox