Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TVGo problems playing recordings on ipad

KerryT
On our wavelength

Struggling to play recordings on iPad using TVGo . I get the error message 

KerryT_0-1635717939678.png

Yet my iPad is on the home network.

I have tried another iPad (same set up on the home network) I have and whilst some recordings play others play but I have no sound. 

my iPads operating systems are up to date and I’ve deleted the TVGo app and reloaded it but still have the problems

13 REPLIES 13

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you check if the Virgin TV Go app is enabled in the Local Network Privacy setting on the iPad?

B60BA79A-A17A-4BF5-9A92-BE2607D8A5F2.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

KerryT
On our wavelength

Yes all my settings seem to be ok. Virgin TVGo is set Local Network but still no joy ☹️

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check that you have a valid local IP address in the Diagnostics section of the Virgin TV Go app. If you have Unknown in the CPE IP field that explains your issue.

4801A0CB-30A2-45B1-BE05-F4F6439B9DDA.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

KerryT
On our wavelength

How do I access diagnostics for Virgin TVgo?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Click on your profile name, top left of Virgin TV Go app, then click on Settings.

CA7FB631-BA2C-4123-A9D9-F0537B15CB18.jpeg

spedwards
On our wavelength

You have hit both the bugs that I have already raised in other threads...

Race conditions in the iPad app design prevent use of recordings.

See...  TVGo Bug. iPad app requires killing and re-starting in order to be used

I can usually work around this but force killing the app and re-starting it.  Sometimes it takes a few re-starts.  Once in a while it will work without issues.

Sound on HD recordings is in channel "English 2" not "English 1" and must be selected by hand every time you start, or re-start playback.

For the workaround see... No-sound-on-recordings-on-TV-Go page 2

For the bug report see... TV GO Bug: iPad plays some recordings silently

I think the mods should post some sticky notes about these issues, Because the same issues keep coming in but there are no "current issues" sticky posts to cover them.

KerryT
On our wavelength

Thank you 👍

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KerryT

Thank you for your post regarding the issues you are experiencing with Virgin TVGo playing recordings on your iPad. I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to watch recordings at the moment.

Did you try following the workaround steps that @spedwards provided? How are things working for you now?

Kind regards,

Serena

KerryT
On our wavelength

The audio problem has been sorted out by changing from English1 to English 2. I works but it’s a bit of a pain.

I have now found out what the problem of not being able to play recordings. I have Norton installed on the network and realised this was causing the problem. I have now removed it and rely an Apple security.