cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TVGo - cannot watch on Ipad anymore

papaslavs
Tuning in

For some strange reason I can no longer watch on my iPad the TVGO app, it’s there, it refreshes but won’t play, I get an error message informing me the content is not available that’s all content itv, ch4 BTSport everything, the silly thing is, it plays on my iPhone, can anyone advise please, both are registered devices, no vpn on.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

23 REPLIES 23

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi papaslavs, 

Thank you for posting to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when using the TV Go app. 

Can you please confirm what operating system you are using on the iPad and if both the app and device are up to do date in terms of software? 

Thank you 

Nat

Hi Natalie

everything is the latest, iOS 15.4.1 the app has been deleted and reinstalled too.

Thanks

Hi papaslavs,

Thank you for coming back to us and for providing the above information, are you able to watch on other devices?

Regards

Paul.

I can watch on my iPhone it has exactly the same iOS with the updated app.

Everything is up to date! Yet I still can’t watch on my iPad

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

On your iPad do you have any kind of VPN running at all? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

No, iPhone and iPad exactly the same! No VPN at all.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@papaslavs 

Please check if you are suffering from the CPE IP Unknown bug by providing a screenshot from the Diagnostics page in the settings of the Virgin TV Go app.

It looks like this:

8001B9B9-B434-473D-80E0-E202CD3BD874.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I’ve just checked, and screenshot both iPhone where the app works and the iPad where the app doesn’t work and apart from the actual device details, both say exactly the same!

265F4A0A-7748-459E-A76F-E1C59122F526.jpeg

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please display from both devices in full.

The example you are showing doesn’t display any CPE IP address which is necessary so that the app knows the IP address of your TV 360. It does, however, show Unknown in the MQTT CPE field.

I believe these diagnostics fields are central to your issue and Virgin Media must be able to use these to get to the bottom of your issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks