cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV login error (Apple or windows)

keva8
Joining in

I joined Virgin in December (Broadband//TVMaxIt/phone) and my login has never worked on the TV apps (apple/windows) or website.  I get the error 'Not allowed' on the iphone and 'Oops, there's an error' on the windows PC.  Logging into my account to view my account details on the website/MyVirginMedia app is fine, also the 'VirginMediaConnect' is working fine..  Two different Virgin tech agents have reset my password and tried logging into the TV apps their side using my login and get the same issue so its clearly an account issue.

I have been on to Virgin support numerous times, spend ~1 hour trying to fix and the person can't fix it, they create an IT ticket and tell me i will get a call back in x number of days, i don't get a call so call up and i go in the same loop again (x3 so far).  I raised a complaint to be told to call tech support... 

Someone maybe able to help here!  

8 REPLIES 8

arpwarden
On our wavelength
I'm getting it as well. I suspect the issue is with Virgin systems and not account related.

The actual error message reads:

Oops, that hasn't worked!
Sign in is currently not possible. Please check back soon.

Be prepared for a long wait as I don't expect any action from support any time soon as it's not being reported as a fault on service status or anywhere else.

arpwarden
On our wavelength

Ok, I'm now able to log in. I did do a check on my service from service status (TV specifically) and it came back stating unable to connect to my TV360 box. I went downstairs and rebooted that and after that I was able to log in to the TV go app. I don't know whether it fixed the issue for me or was just a coincidence, might be worth a try if you're having the issue.

Thanks! I just done the test and says it cannot connect to either of my TV boxes, I will give them a power cycle tonight and see if that fixes.

arpwarden
On our wavelength
Seeing the issue again now, saw it all last night then it resolved itself about 11:00pm then have got up this morning and I'm seeing the issue again. All TV Go registered devices have been logged out and I'm again seeing the message:

Oops, that hasn't worked!
Sign in is currently not possible. Please check back soon.

No acknowledgement on Service status and into the thrid day of the issue. Just not acceptable service but no surprise with the way things have been going.

Hi keva8,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with access Virgin Tv Go. 

That certainly isn't what we want for any of our customers. 

I am happy to take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

And now it's happening again. What a surprise 🙄.

Things are getting ridiculous with reliability in the service.

So by magic (no phone calls from virgin to confirm) it started working for me.  I suggested the above online tv test and it was reporting an issue with connecting to both my 360 boxes, a power cycle only resolved one of them but the app still didn’t work.

skip a few days and I noticed on virgins site there was a issue on TV’s in my area and an engineer was working on it. That evening I tried the app again and it now works and has since.  The online tv test also shows both boxes connected.

im afraid I have no idea what’s been done to fix it!

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Keva8, thanks for this post and your update.

We're glad to know this has now been resolved for you and you can use the TV Go App again as normal.
As the outage affecting our TV platform has cleared this surely helped fixing the app issue, however following our system checks we've found that we've also raised a ticket with our IT team in regard to this previously so they have been working in the background for restoring this error.

Sorry to hear no communication has reached you to advise of this fix, however it's good that you can now connect both TV boxes without problems.
Please, do let us know in case you face any further issues with the service in the future - we'll be happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs