cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV go problem

BossNey
Joining in

I am trying to watch live tv via the Virgin TV Go on my HP laptop (Windows 10) and every channel I try watching comes up with an error message "sorry - this isn't available" and "Sorry - we can't play this at the moment".  I have tried via multiple browsers (Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and the Virgin TV Go app) with it not playing and the same error message comes up everytime.  I have also deleted cookies and added virgin tv go website as a trusted website.

22 REPLIES 22

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @BossNey 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to reach out. 

I am sory to hear that you have had some issues with your TVGO. 

As it has been a few days since your post. how are things looking since your post? Are you still getting the same error code? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I am still experiencing the problem 

I hope this is the right place to bring this problem up. From Tuesday the 2nd of March until Friday the 5th of March, Virgin TV Go will not work. It says we are experiencing technical problems. Please try again in a few minutes. There is also a red refresh button but that does nothing at all. I would hope that Virgin Media are aware of this problem. Paul.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you click on Check Service Status at the top of the page you might see TV Go listed as a fault in your area, along with an anticipated fix date

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I clicked onto the Check Service Status at the top of the page and it took me to the service status. They have been saying online for days that there is an outage fault in the North Lanarkshire area but no anticipated fix date. I checked everything by running the Virgin Media test and there were no known issues.  I have accessed the Virgin TV GO on my computer and on a Virgin TV GO app, on both and the home page comes on but then disappears quite quickly. The next page says we are experiencing technical problems. Please try again in a few minutes. Which I did but nothing. There is a red refresh button but that does nothing too. I have also rebooted and reset the hub but it's still the same. The Virgin Media internet is working great for me on my Dell computer, which is not very old. So what can the problem be? I would like someone from Virgin Media to get back to me, please. Paul

Hi Smiffy1968, 

Thanks for posting and apologies to hear you are having an issue accessing TV Go and your broadband.

For TV Go, have you ever used it on the devices you are trying to access it on? Does it give you any option to sign in? On the mobile device, please delete the app and then reinstall to see if this helps. 

As for the broadband, checking the connection at this end, the hub is looking fine. It's showing online and the power levels look good too. I can't see any time outs recorded either. I can see it is currently in modem mode, so if you are connecting via WiFi, try rebooting the hub and the router. Turn them both off, put the hub back on and wait for it to be set up before turning on the router. Has this made any difference? 

Let us know.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Can somebody from virgin answer my original question regarding virgin tv go app not playing on my windows 10 hp laptop

So sorry BossNey, it looks as though this may have slipped through the net. 

Is this the only device you are having the issue on? What browser are you using? 

If you haven't already, try deleting the cookies, data and history on the browser to see if this resets things for you. Come back here with a screenshot of the error if it still doesn't work. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for the reply. It is only on my Windows 10 HP Laptop it doesnt work. I have tried on internet explorer, chrome and Microsoft edge and the same error message comes up "sorry - this isn't available" and "Sorry - we can't play this at the moment". I have deleted cookies, data and history already. I have also tried reinstalling the relevant web browsers