cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV go box set channels not loading

ribboncontrolle
Joining in

I have just installed the virgin TV go app on my windows 10 computer. I am using my home vorgin media broadband. However on the channels in the box sets and movies section, some of the channels will not load ie channel 4, ITV, Dave- ie showing as no programmes. The channel logo appears at the top, but the outline of the screen shots of the various programmes appear for a millisecond and then disappear. Other channels show the icons for the various programmes normally. I wanted to use my computer to watch catchup, as issues with catchup and on demand network cutting out on my TIVO box ( that's a whole different issue, which cannot be fixed). I have the complete virgin media package, so subscription is not an issue. Any help?

NB i have tried using the compatabilty mode of the computer to windows 8, but that does not help.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ribboncontrolle,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble watching certain channels via TV GO. Do you perhaps have a screenshot you can post of what's happening when the channels aren't loading in properly?

Have you also tried signing into TV GO on a different device to see if that changes anything?

Also, are the channels that aren't working for you via TV GO working OK on live TV through your box?

Lastly, in regards to the On Demand issue, I believe we sent out an engineer to take a look at this, were they unable to rectify this?

Thanks

Beth

Hi Yes I have tried a 2nd device of an android tablet. Same problem with some of the channels of the channels section in the boxset section of the app.. Some channels show content, but the others do not. Will upload a picture soon. 

Ps. Live tv of these channels works on my normal set top box. Will check if working on the app.

HI ribboncontrolle

Quick message to see if your were able to test the App yet?

If so, how did you get on

Gareth_L

Hi

The app is now working on my android tablet for ITV HUB, Channel 4, Dave etc, The other night it was saying that it couln't find any content for these channels. However ITV still shows no content.

On the wibdows computer those channels are still not working at all. The 2 ITV ones say " not available". Live ITV, Channel 4 broadcasts do play OK. Here is the screen shot that I get on the computer screenChanel 4 home screen in the box set collectionChanel 4 home screen in the box set collection

Hi ribboncontrolle, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and we're glad to hear things are working OK on your app. 

We've not been able to replicate the issue here so it may be something to do with the PC itself. Maybe a setting of some sort. 

Have you tried removing your PC device from your registered device list, clear the cache, cookies and browsing data and then re-adding? If not please give that a try and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Now the app on my tablet is not working properly. On many of the  channels in the box set section it is saying "sorry we couldn't find anything" eg channel 4; itv channels and the UKTV play channels. It was working 2 nights ago. Suddenly stopped working. Only  difference is that I got a message a few days ago that yesterday virgin was doing an upgrade on the services in my area. Live TV is working on these channels.I is the catch-up programmed they cannot load. Thanks. 

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened @ribboncontrolle

Have you rebooted the device and the Hub since the work was completed? 

Were you also able to try the steps outlined by my colleague on the PC, if so have these improved things? 

Thank you. 

Hi I have tried rebooting the hub,clearing the cache. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my Android tablet. Still no joy in getting many of the on demand channels to load their content. It is the same channels that are missing the content on my laptop. I have also tried using it in a different location with a different wifi provider. Still no joy.