cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV go app

Maxwellplum
Dialled in

Does anyone else have issues with the app. Almost every time I try to watch on my iPad, it gives error messages saying either you are not connected to the home network (I always am) or change setting to Local Network (that is also on). I have to keep turning it off resetting wifi and can take ages before it eventually plays a programme. If I then pause for a reason it usually stops playing and I have to start the resetting all over.

I have also tried using different browsers, Google. Firefox, edge, safari etc no difference 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I have reported it several times and it manage to get an engineer out recently but although they tried to help it isn’t something they really deal with (really…😱) they reset hub told me to stop renaming it or giving new password but still no improvement.

this is such a shame as it’s a great app when it works; I much prefer to watch stuff on my iPad while my husband watches sport etc on TV.

when are virgin going to fix this? I’ve had the same issues even when I had TiVo box, now have 360 but no changes. Surely some guru at virgin must know how to fix this permanently 🥴😡

am I alone with this problem? 

115 REPLIES 115

They offered me a new 360 box and I refused and I am glad I did as I did not think it would solve the problem.

they have been so called working with me on this for over a year now, so no I don’t think they are any closer to solving the issue.

where possible I watch bbc IPlayer, all 4, itv x etc.

Yes, me too unfortunately 🤷‍♀️

Hi Everyone

Just an update to say that changing your main 360 box for a new one does NOT fix the problem with the GO APP not getting a CPE IP Address.

You still have to keep shutting it down and restarting it numerous times before you are able to watch any of your recorded programmes.

Hi @Retiredatast, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear you're continuing to experience the same problem with Virgin TV Go 😔

Is it showing as "CPE Unknown"? If so, have you tried clicking the icon next to the search bar in the top right-hand corner, disconnecting from your 360 box and then reconnecting?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel

yes I get CPE UNKNOWN and I have tried the icon in the top right.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Retiredatast,

Thanks for coming back to us again about your ongoing issue. What happens when you click the icon on the top right corner?

Let us know so we can look into this further and see what we can do to help.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Pauline

Thanks for your reply.

When I click on the icon it asks me to connect to either TV 1 or TV 2a. When I connect I see a small window showing what I am watching via that box.

On this occasion it did put the CPE IP address back on. However on the majority of occasions nothing happens.

i agree, connecting and disconnecting via the icon does seem to sometimes make the cpe ip addr appear quicker, but not always.

though watching tv via this connect option does again raise the question why can we connect and see tv this way, but we can’t play back saved programmes when we obviously have a connection to the vm box?, just not a defined cpe ip addr shown!

Yes I agree Alecf1, the app can show what programme you last watched on the TV. The last programme or channel of live tv, you just can’t watch saved programmes without the CPE Ip address.

just this second I opened the app but no IP address clicked on the top right icon and it said No Programme Information, so I just disconnect again and still no IP address.

It is all just hit and miss all the time, even the downloads don’t work sometimes, and when you click on the DOWNLOADABLE tab you get a list of stuff that you CANT download.

Rant over, we will all just have to put up with it as Virgin don’t or won’t do anything about it. They can’t deny there is a problem, but just don’t know how to fix it. To my knowledge this issue was raised to them by me over 2 years ago.

alecf1
Dialled in

any news, been away for a few days and trying to catch up on recordings while doing pc work, and having same old rigmoreroll on my tablet! just some hint the issue is still being looked into would be good. thanks

EDIT: yeah after 10+ app restarts got an ip address!