cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go often needs box restart - would this help?

ajo
Tuning in

To watch recordings on an iPad the box often needs a restart.

The box is connected to a power line plug using ethernet (can also use wifi) - would it help at all if I assign the box its own ip on the router?

Not something I know a lot about so just an idea.

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ajo,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with accessing your TV go.

We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. Just to clarify, is it your hub device that needs to be rebooted for the TVgo service to work or the TV box? Also how long has this been going on for? Does this occur on other devices? Also, how do you access your TV go? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It is the TiVo box that has to be restarted. - Restarting the router might also help but that is in another location. It has always been this way with the app telling you it cant play the selected recording.

I'm so sorry to hear that @ajo it sounds very annoying! 

Can I just confirm, do you have other devices that this also happens on? 

Have you tried usual fixes such as deleting and redownloading the app? 

Thank you. 

Yes have tried all that. Its only one device really that it is used one. The other one very rarely and I cant remember if it happens on that too.  Same device though, just different physical iPad mini 4's

Hi ajo, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

The first thing to check is that your TiVo box is fully connected to the network. If this is already the case, make sure the app you're using and the OS of your device is fully up to date. 

Once you've done these checks, can you have a look at the CPE IP address on the app? We need to check if this displays a valid IP address show up or if it show's up as unknown? To check this, click on your profile icon at the top > Settings > Diagnostics > CPE IP. 

If it's showing as unknown, then click the icon next to the search bar in the top right corner and disconnect from your TiVo box and reconnect. This is a workaround that our VIP user Ernie has let us know of and it should refresh things and allow an IP to be registered. Hopefully you will then be able to watch the recordings without any issues. 

Please pop back and let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs