cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go devices

RMPage
Tuning in

I have been using TV Go on this device (windows 11) since Christmas with no issues. Yesterday it said a new device was detect so need to replace an existing device. Today the same has happened twice and now I can't use the service as the maximum devices which can be registered to the account  has been reached and so I have to wait until next month. 

This has all happened on the same device using the same browser

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have there been any software updates to the browser? Which browser is it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Windows 11, Edge - yes it has been updated

How do I get this resolved? it looks like a common issue so I just need to know how i raise this with VM

Hi RMPage,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome back, we are sorry to hear you are unable to use TV Go on your device since the software update due to it showing device limit reached, we can help by resetting the devices for you which will allow you to use the device again, once done please make sure the settings on the browser aren't set to remove Cookies automatically as this caused the devices to show as a new one each time used.

I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi there, I have the same issue. I have a new Windows 11 laptop but pretty sure it worked a few weeks ago. Tried on the app and two different browsers, now I have reached the max number of devices. Not sure what else to try but resetting the devices would be a good start. The browsers/app don't seem to be remembering (cookie issue?) and so each time I login it thinks it is a new device. Not sure why virgintvgo not working on Windows 11 now. I have deactivated my firewall/virus checker but that didn't help (now back on!).  Any help appreciated as would like to use it this weekend.

Many thanks

Jane

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Janerobbo, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂

I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with your TV GO, I can reset your devices on our end to see if this helps. 

I will pop you over a PM to get some details, just keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie

Thanks Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Janerobbo, 

Thank you for messaging with me 🙂 

I am glad I could reset your devices even though this did not help. So glad to hear you resolved this by changing some settings.

Zoie