cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go - can’t watch recordings

Ohtani42
Tuning in

Hi, I was just trying to watch something I had recorded on the TV Box 360 on my iPad. I’ve already looked at similar postings and have run through the various settings etc. The TV Box is connected to the Hub 3.0 via Ethernet. All devices are on the same subnet. Private address in WiFi settings is active. I’ve rebooted the TV Box, reinstalled the TV go app, logged in again etc. but still it says “This recording is only available on your home network” etc etc

I’m running iOS/iPadOS 14.5.1, but also checked with other iOS versions
The TV Box is running build 4.31

Can anybody help?

55 REPLIES 55

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try the following:

Log out of the Virgin TV Go app;

Un-install the Virgin TV Go app;

Update iPad to iPadOS 14.6;

Re-install the Virgin TV Go app, ensuring that you enable Local Network Privacy access.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the advice. Before doing what you suggested I checked the app again and it was working, although it hadn’t been at lunch time.  Am updating  to IOS 14.6 now in any case.  

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you. It looks as though there may have been an issue with this previously however our new firmware resolved things. 

For those of you still having the issue, can you please update your TV Go app and device iOS and try again for us. Post back here to let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am still having problems.  My iPhone worked with the app then my iPad worked. Now it’s very hit and miss.   Sometimes I can watch a saved problem and sometimes I get the “can only watch at home” message.   Obviously not fixed properly.  Everything is updated -IOS and app deleted and reinstalled 

Hi @suewestwood,

I a very sorry you are still having issues even after the firmware was updated.

I am going to pop you a PM so we can take a closer look into this for you. 

Speak soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi suewestwood, 

Thanks for your patience whilst the team have been looking in to this for you. 

There is one or 2 things we need to check with you further. 

Can you check to see if your app is connected to the CPE correctly? You can check this in Settings > Diagnostics. If it is then it should have a CPE IP. Before our latest the firmware update it said unknown but it should now be connected.

The team have also advised that it would be good to identify which programmes you are unable to watch as it might be a license issue. Can you let me know the name of the programme and the channel you are trying to watch it on. 

Pop your answers back here so we can feed these back to the team. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath

we had a new 360 box yesterday so all saved programmes are gone.  Recorded Cruise BBC4, and Repair Shop BBC1. These programmes are viewable on TV but not on devices. iPhone tells me the recordings failed and iPad tells me I have to be “at home” to watch

there is no CPE ID on either device. They both say unknown. 

Hi Kath

a few minutes later and recordings are viewable on both devices!!   could this be a broadband issue? (Still virgins problem!).  It’s very hit and miss 

Hi suewestwood, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

So since you have had the new box, is this when the recordings are showing? 

Are there any recordings you've made that are missing in the apps? Or are they available for now?

Let us know. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath

obvioysly when the box was replaced my saved programmes were lost.  I recorded two programmes last night (Tuesday) - The Cruise on BBC4 and The Repair Shop on BBC1.  At the time of writing I can view these saved programmes on both iPad and iPhone, but earlier today my iPhone was saying that the recordings had failed and my iPad was saying that I had to be on the home network, which of course I was!

it seems to be very hit and miss whether I can watch saved programmes    Live programmes are ok - but that’s not what I want to do!