cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go - can’t watch recordings

Ohtani42
Tuning in

Hi, I was just trying to watch something I had recorded on the TV Box 360 on my iPad. I’ve already looked at similar postings and have run through the various settings etc. The TV Box is connected to the Hub 3.0 via Ethernet. All devices are on the same subnet. Private address in WiFi settings is active. I’ve rebooted the TV Box, reinstalled the TV go app, logged in again etc. but still it says “This recording is only available on your home network” etc etc

I’m running iOS/iPadOS 14.5.1, but also checked with other iOS versions
The TV Box is running build 4.31

Can anybody help?

55 REPLIES 55

FlyingZebra
Tuning in

Can I add my name to this issue as well.

'Local Network' permissions are enabled on iOS so it does not appear to be client-side. When looking at the diagnostics in the app, the only thing of note is that the 'CPE IP' is showing as 'Unknown' - maybe the error is with obtaining the TV Box IP address? Similar to everyone else I am on build 4.31, and whilst I have only had my new TV installed in the last few weeks, I seem to recall recordings working on the Virgin TV Go app in the past before the latest update.

I have tried speaking to telephone support which hasn't been much use. One agent (supposedly from tier 2) tried telling me that this feature had been deliberately disabled from the app, and that recordings were no longer available through the TV Go app. Although others have suggested that this is not the case and it should in fact be working, but yet no solution has been found so far.

Keeping an eye on this thread - hopefully Virgin will be able to provide an official response as it does appear a few people are having the same problem here.

Just tried on my Mobile and it gave me the list of recordings on my two boxes, I went to watch one and it asked me to connect, which tried and it came back telling it couldn't.

come Guys, get this sorted as it make a mockery of the advitised service.

Also need the Chrome Incognito issue sorting for my laptop.

Hi,

A new version of the app appears to have been released ( version 4.32.1 ) and playback of recordings is now working.

Bri

Sjames16
On our wavelength

Thanks for the heads up, can confirm it is now working for me as well

I can now watch on my iPhone but still getting the same message about being at home on my iPad. Have deleted the app and reinstalled but no good. I usually watch on iPad so it’s still not working for me. Advice anyone? 

Rang Virgin and actually managed to speak to a real person.  Apparently this is still an ongoing problem with an end date of 8th June.

FlyingZebra
Tuning in

I can also confirm that the latest update on iOS (4.32.1) has resolved this issue for me. On one of my devices I did have to delete the app fully and reinstall to get it working but now both iPhone and iPad are working.

My iPad is still not working despite deleting snd reinstalling the app. I’ll give them another week then I’m off to Sky!!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@suewestwood 

Which level of iPadOS are you running and have you checked that the Virgin TV Go app is enabled in the iPad settings, Local Network Privacy?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I am running IOS 14.5.1 on iPad and TV Go app is enabled in the Local Network Privacy Setting.   Settings are exactly the same as on my iPhone 

(which does now work).