cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go - can’t watch recordings

Ohtani42
Tuning in

Hi, I was just trying to watch something I had recorded on the TV Box 360 on my iPad. I’ve already looked at similar postings and have run through the various settings etc. The TV Box is connected to the Hub 3.0 via Ethernet. All devices are on the same subnet. Private address in WiFi settings is active. I’ve rebooted the TV Box, reinstalled the TV go app, logged in again etc. but still it says “This recording is only available on your home network” etc etc

I’m running iOS/iPadOS 14.5.1, but also checked with other iOS versions
The TV Box is running build 4.31

Can anybody help?

55 REPLIES 55

Hi Lisa, any news?
Would really love to use this functionality (again).
G.

I am having the same problem,  I can watch live tv, on demand and set programmes to record, but when I try to watch I get the “ can only watch at home” message!   This is both on iPhone and iPad. Both are registered devices and on WiFi. 

Clearly not a big problem to virgin media, as we are receiving no information from them at all at the progress of fixing it, or what the issue is

I am also having this issue. I have never been able to watch my recordings on my iPhone or iPad since installation of Virgin 360 a few weeks ago. I have 4.31 firmware on my 360 and my iPhone/iPad are both on 14.5.1

My virgin 360 is connected via Ethernet to my Superhub 3 and I only have one SSID for all my devices on my home network using wifi. I have no mesh networks or anything like that - just the one Superhub. I was enrolled in the intelligent wifi pod trial (VM21SP3) but this has now ended and I have returned the intelligent wifi pods as they proved to be less than intelligent.  I don't know if any changes were made remotely to my Superhub as part of the trial and whether this is causing problems for me?

When I try to watch a recording on TV GO app I get the message "This recording is only available on your home network. If you are at home, check that you are connected to the same network or SSID as your Virgin TV box."  All my devices ARE connected to my only SSID/network at home!

Very frustrating...

Sjames16
On our wavelength

Need an update on this please Virgin.

Add me to the list of people for who this used to work but stopped around the time 4.31 landed.

Same error message about needing to be on home network.

All other functions work (including the virtual remote control in the app so the app and box are able to communicate)

Colinchen70
Joining in

I am having the exact same issue with my v6 box which was converted to 360. On the iPad tv go app it recognises all recordings but won’t let me watch them because it says I am not on the home network. The 360 box is connected to the router using Ethernet and the iPad connects via WiFi on the 5G channel. 

Any chance of a reply regarding this to let us know what’s going on ? Or are we just posting these comments for the good of our health ???

Worked on 4.30, doesn't work on 4.31. 

Well it’s not improving my health at all!!