cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go app is next to useless!

GreengiantVM
Dialled in

Once again the App, despite listing all my recorded shows tells me my iPad needs to be on the same network. It is on the same network. It worked ok a couple of days ago.

When I go into diagnostics it shows: CPE IP Unknown.

This has become a very frustrating App.

97 REPLIES 97

It’s been a while, did you get this sorted? 😂

I’m sat here in a darkened room keeping an eye on my new born, thinking about all the things I’ve recorded and could be watching… if only I was downstairs 

@Rds220,

Having restarted the 360 box and Hub a few times I have been successful connecting and watching recordings, not always, but most times.

Sometimes disconnecting from wifi and reconnecting helps. I have just checked and I do have in IP address in CPE IP. I do find it worse for connecting in the evenings.

What causes the issue is hard to say, but none of my other TV streaming Apps ever have a problem.

GreengiantVM
Dialled in

Here I am again, same old crap. Sat down ready to watch my recordings on iPad tonight and the CPE IP unknown issue!

As for the new look forum, who in their right mind would come up with this?

Hi GreengiantVM, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community to let us know about your continued issues. 

We're sorry to hear you're having still experiencing issues with watching your recordings through TV Go. 

I know that some of these steps will have already been mentioned throughout the thread but I'm just popping them all here so they are all together. 

The first thing to check is that your 360 box is in Fast start or Active mode instead of Eco mode. If this is already the case, make sure the app you're using and the OS of your device is fully up to date. 

Once you've done these checks, can you have a look at the CPE IP address on the app? We need to check if this displays a valid IP address show up or if it show's up as unknown? To check this, click on your profile icon at the top > Settings > Diagnostics > CPE IP. 

If it's showing as unknown, then click the icon next to the search bar in the top right corner and disconnect from your 360 box and reconnect. This is a workaround that our VIP user Ernie has let us know of and it should refresh things and allow an IP to be registered. Hopefully you will then be able to watch the recordings without any issues. 

Rebooting the 360 box will also help to get the CPE IP registered which in turn will allow you to watch the recordings. 

Please pop back and let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F,

Done all that, even switched to different wifi networks and back, rebooted App many times and still CPE IP Unknown!

The only thing not done is reboot Fusion 360 box, family watching that at the moment, so not a popular request.

I do find this extremely frustrating, especially as how long this has been an issue suffered by many and who knows how many who just gave up and don’t even know about this forum to report it to.

Don’t forget to reboot like you said you've done already 😄

I’ve given up trying, it’s not like I wanted to watch the programs I set to record anyway

Hi @GreengiantVM, thank you for your response. We understand your frustration 😔

Have you tried rebooting the 360 box since your last post? If so, did it make any difference at all?

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I rebooted the 360 box last night and managed to get connected and watch some recordings. Will keep you updated if I loose connection.