cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go app is next to useless!

GreengiantVM
Dialled in

Once again the App, despite listing all my recorded shows tells me my iPad needs to be on the same network. It is on the same network. It worked ok a couple of days ago.

When I go into diagnostics it shows: CPE IP Unknown.

This has become a very frustrating App.

97 REPLIES 97

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GreengiantVM, thanks for your post although I'm sorry you're having some problems with the Virgin TV Go app at the moment.

Can you confirm please if this happens when you're on wifi, or are you on a form of mobile data with your iPad?

If you're on wifi, can you try mobile hotspotting and connecting your iPad to that connection and trying again?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

This is my iPad Wifi connected in the same house on the same Virgin router (4?) that comes with the 1Gig service.

It came back on after restarting the TV Go app a number of times. It dropped out again for a while last night, diagnostics again showed CPE IP as unknown.  restart of the App got the CPE IP as an IP address so was able to start watching again.

I do not know why the CPE IP should go to unknown. The iPad Pro I use never even leaves the house, so should be fine connected.

Martin

Hi there Martin, 

Thank you for confirming and I'm sorry that this keeps happening, it does sound odd! 

Can I just confirm is the App now working? 

I can see you have mentioned this has happened before, was the same fix used here as the other times this has happened? 

Thank you. 

It has been working but I have not looked for a few days, I have just checked but sadly now not working again. The CPE IP says Unknown.

When I go to my recordings tab it says 81% used, ‘You have no recordings’ and none of them show! On the 360 box they are all there.

Martin

Just opened the App again, now all my recordings are showing, the CPE IP still says unknown.

When I select a recording to watch I get this message again.

This such a frustrating App, why does it keep changing the CPE IP?

Martin

B2CF20C6-F738-4DC5-BB43-27648D279D10.jpeg

Hi GreengiantVM, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 
The first thing to check is that your 360 box is in Fast start or Active mode instead of Eco mode. If this is already the case, make sure the app you're using and the OS of your device is fully up to date. 

Once you've done these checks, if the CPE IP is showing as unknown, then click the icon next to the search bar in the top right corner and disconnect from your 360 box and reconnect. This is a workaround that our VIP user Ernie has let us know of and it should refresh things and allow an IP to be registered.

Hopefully you will then be able to watch the recordings without any issues. Please pop back and let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for getting back to me.

Since yesterday it has been working fine!

My set up is:

OS 15.3.1

No outstanding App updates.

When the error does occur it happens on both the iPads using the App at the same time.

If it fails again I will try the workaround and report back.

Martin

Hi @GreengiantVM, thanks very much for confirming the problem is now fixed!

Please let us know if you start to have problems again though and we'll do our best to support further.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Sat down tonight to watch some recordings on the iPad and we have the same old problem, CPE IP unknown!

I do not even have the option to do the connect and disconnect bodge.

Restarted, all Apps are up to date. It shows all my recordings, press to play and tells me I need to be on the same network, believe me I am.

Getting really fed up with this App and not being able to watch recordings when I want.