Menu
mushymarlin
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go Not working

ok guys, Virgin tv go works on my phone (android v 8.somthing) no issues

however it wont work on my Tablet (android v8.something)

i can load up the app sign in and out no problem, my device is registered, and it shows all the previews, i click on live tv and it shows all the previews of every channel.

when i click on a channel to watch it live it tried to load it, screen goes black with please wait and spinning circle in middle of screen. then after about 10-15 seconds a white dialog box pops up top right corner of screen saying "it looks like your internet connection is not very good right now"

my connection is fine, tested on tablet via speed test, ping tests, dns tests, also tested my internet connection via multiple devices on both LAN and wifi, all works fine

my pfsense firewall is not showing anything in the blocking logs (and it all worked fine up untill a 2 weeks ago) no updates have been done to anything to my knowledge.

the channel guide part of the app loads fine and shows up to date info about what program is on which channel so its actually connected.

i can ping, traceroute and dns check the virgin media servers all day long with no issues, and as above it loads and works no issues on my phone (android)

called virgin and after being passed pillar to post they have no idea, and just came back with "your device is not on our compatible list" so wont help.

they did reset my registered devices, and i re-registered both phone and tablet but same issues as above

yet all they specify in the compatability is that it must be running android 4.something or higher!

0 Kudos
mushymarlin
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go Not working

No one got any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go Not working

Hi mushymarlin,

Welcome to the community.

Since you're able to use this app on another device without problem then this rules out an account issue.

First we'll just need to check what android version you're currently using?

I'd also recommend checking whether there are any updates available on your tablet.

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos