cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go - Maximum Devices Reached

GDR23
Joining in

Hello All

We seem to be having some issues with the Virgin TV Go service.
We have registered a Windows 10 PC & a Windows 10 Laptop as our 2 devices.

Accessing SkySports channels is fine, but when trying to view anything on Virgin TV Go we are informed that this is a new device and cannot be registered as we already have 2 active devices.

We are using the exact same machines as when both were originally registered.
This happened on Saturday on the PC, so we used our allotted change to re-register the PC, which worked for that day, but when trying on Monday the same message appeared: “CAN'T REGISTER THIS DEVICE
You have reached the maximum number of devices you can stream with. You can use one of the already registered devices or register a new”

We have cleared the browser settings etc, but this has had no effect.
We are logging in successfully via Microsoft Edge, which we originally registered the devices with.

After checking through the forums, someone advised that using the Windows 10 app would be a better option, which we have now installed.

We are now having some problems contacting Virgin however (Online Chat seems offline at the moment and we are struggling to get through to speak to someone).

The issue is we are not sure why this keeps refusing to use the devices we have already registered.
Has anyone else had any similar issues?

Many Thanks

281 REPLIES 281

Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Are you able to access the device registration page to see what devices are currently registered? 

Yes, it lists this pc on firefox

samsung SM-G955F
17 days
My Computer - Mozilla Firefox
17 days

Any chance I can get some help with this please ?

I'm still waiting for some help with this please

Hi MavTheMenace, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies it's taken so long to reach you. 

I will reset the devices you have registered with us which should allow you to re-register your device 🙂 

In order to reset the devices I will need to confirm some information with you.

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi MavTheMenace, 

Thanks for coming back to me via Private message with your information. 

I have reset your devices now so you should be able to re-register it 🙂 

Keep us posted on your thread with how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to use it from what should be an already registered device and it isn't working, and it says I've reached the maximum number of registered devices for the month (which I cannot have done). Can you fix this for me please?

Hi irhooper,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with this. If you have updated the browser or the software then you would be required to re-register your device. As well as this, if you've set your Cookies or Cache to delete automatically then this could require you to re-register too. 

As you've got no changes left, we will need to reset the devices for you. I'm here til 8pm tonight so as long as you get back to me before then I can do this for you. 

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Perfect! Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message irhooper. 

I have gone ahead and reset your devices for you now. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

TFD
On our wavelength

This is a quick plaster over wound fix NOT a resolution

So many of us keep getting this BUT using the same 2 devices we register then wait a month to be allowed to re register

Lets stop farting about & fix the actual issue!