cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go - Maximum Devices Reached

GDR23
Joining in

Hello All

We seem to be having some issues with the Virgin TV Go service.
We have registered a Windows 10 PC & a Windows 10 Laptop as our 2 devices.

Accessing SkySports channels is fine, but when trying to view anything on Virgin TV Go we are informed that this is a new device and cannot be registered as we already have 2 active devices.

We are using the exact same machines as when both were originally registered.
This happened on Saturday on the PC, so we used our allotted change to re-register the PC, which worked for that day, but when trying on Monday the same message appeared: “CAN'T REGISTER THIS DEVICE
You have reached the maximum number of devices you can stream with. You can use one of the already registered devices or register a new”

We have cleared the browser settings etc, but this has had no effect.
We are logging in successfully via Microsoft Edge, which we originally registered the devices with.

After checking through the forums, someone advised that using the Windows 10 app would be a better option, which we have now installed.

We are now having some problems contacting Virgin however (Online Chat seems offline at the moment and we are struggling to get through to speak to someone).

The issue is we are not sure why this keeps refusing to use the devices we have already registered.
Has anyone else had any similar issues?

Many Thanks

281 REPLIES 281

Today, Saturday, the 24th of April 2021, I was going to watch the live football between Liverpool and Newcastle United on Virgin TV Go. I use the Mozilla Firefox Browser because it works the best on this browser. When I went onto the Mozilla Firefox browser, it proceeded to give me an update. I then went onto the Virgin TV Go page and it said you have reached the maximum of devices which can be registered to your account. On the device management it says that my Dell PC is the current device to watch programmes on Virgin TV Go but it will not work. I can only think that the Mozilla Firefox update has maybe meant it thinks this is a new device. I now have to wait until the 1st of May, to watch anything on Virgin TV Go. Why have Virgin Media not fixed this problem, do they not want to spend money on the problem. Hopefully someone can get back to me from Virgin Media please. Paul.

Hi Paul, 

Thank for posting. The issue you have described is not a fault. As you have updated the browser, it usually deletes the cache and cookies so therefore the registration is no longer recognised. 

We are able to reset the devices for you though so you will be able to get it re-added right away. 

In order to do that I will need some information from you to pass data protection. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I still see that Virgin Media has still not solved the problem of watching on Virgin TV Go. I watched 4 games on 4 different days, in July, on the same computer but when I went to watch a 5th game I was asked to replace the device, when it is still the same device. If I do replace the device, I will have 1 option left. Are Virgin Media really trying to fix this problem or don't the really care about their customers, who pay good money for the service. I have only just started watching TV again on Virgin TV Go but I have to ask, what is the point. Paul.

Today I tried to watch Virgin TV Go and was told I had no devices left and I have to wait 17 days until September to register a new device. I had 1 device left over from July but that has gone alone with the 3 from August, I have only been on Virgin TV Go on 4 separate occasions. Today was going to be the 5th but unfortunately I was told that the maximum number of devices had been reached. Still using my trusted Dell computer, I am the only person in the household who uses Virgin TV Go. Why only give your client base 3 changes, when Virgin Media knows there is a major fault with Virgin TV Go. Hopefully a some kind person can help me. Thanks Paul.

It isn't a problem with Virgin Media. It is the browser you are using. I currently use Edge and have no issues. I previously used Opera which counted as a new device every time the browser updated (and that can be more than 5 times a month). Remember that each different browser on the same computer counts as a new device.

Hope this helps.

A VM moderator will pick this up and reset you but it can take a while...

Hi Smiffy1968

Thanks for posting. We can certainly assist with this.

Do you by any chance clear your cache/cookies when you leave the browser? 

If so, please still do so, however keep the Virgin TV Go ones as deleting them will result in devices being taken. 

I shall PM now to do the reset

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for joining me on PM Smiffy1968

Just to update the thread, the devices were reset.

If you need further help in the future, please pop us a public post on here and we'll assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi,

I am also experiencing this issue. I am being told that the current device is one of the five I have registered (under Settings -> Device Management on Virgin TV Go), but am getting this screen when trying to watch anything:

sgill_1-1634673869474.png.

Could you please help with this?

Thanks,
Scott

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sgill

Thanks for the reply!

I'm going to drop you a private message now to get this sorted, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

If you could also drop me a message I would appreciate it same issue.