cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go - Maximum Devices Reached

GDR23
Joining in

Hello All

We seem to be having some issues with the Virgin TV Go service.
We have registered a Windows 10 PC & a Windows 10 Laptop as our 2 devices.

Accessing SkySports channels is fine, but when trying to view anything on Virgin TV Go we are informed that this is a new device and cannot be registered as we already have 2 active devices.

We are using the exact same machines as when both were originally registered.
This happened on Saturday on the PC, so we used our allotted change to re-register the PC, which worked for that day, but when trying on Monday the same message appeared: “CAN'T REGISTER THIS DEVICE
You have reached the maximum number of devices you can stream with. You can use one of the already registered devices or register a new”

We have cleared the browser settings etc, but this has had no effect.
We are logging in successfully via Microsoft Edge, which we originally registered the devices with.

After checking through the forums, someone advised that using the Windows 10 app would be a better option, which we have now installed.

We are now having some problems contacting Virgin however (Online Chat seems offline at the moment and we are struggling to get through to speak to someone).

The issue is we are not sure why this keeps refusing to use the devices we have already registered.
Has anyone else had any similar issues?

Many Thanks

281 REPLIES 281

After the old Windows 10 app stopped working I used the new app and it required me to add my PC as a new device which i did, after deleting another device, but I have now had to do this several times. I now clearly have my PC listed as one of the devices, with three devices listed as 'My Computer - Google Chrome' (probably the same PC) and my mobile. I try to use the PC to access TV Go but it says 'Device limit reached' and will not allow changes to any of the devices listed for 11 days.

My PC is definitely listed but it still won't allow me to access. I have tried to access using the app, Google Chrome browser and Edge browser, but all fail, with the same error message. I note the many people complaining of this problem and it is clearly a systemic one which you have not resolved. Please can you provide me with a fix so I can watch TV Go on my PC. I am on the verge of simply cancelling the Virgin TV part of my package: I never (ever) get this problem with Sky's online access and only really use Virgin for BT Sport. i'd sooner pay a bit extra and actually get to watch it. 

Having same issues saying maximum number of devices registered despite me watching the football on the pc in my house all the time

Please get this sorted as it is becoming beyond the joke.

I shall be emailing the CEO regarding these issues....

Hi audreyrobbins

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

When you go into the devices screen on the TV Go device listed page, what do you see please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi, I replied to a DM from a team member about a week ago about getting my devices rest and they are still yet to respond. Could another team member help me out please? I would very much like to watch the football tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

You replied to my colleague yesterday. They've been out of the office today but are back tomorrow so they'll respond asap

Have a good evening 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

stewarth
Tuning in

So what are the procedures for Virgin staff picking up posts to this forum - i see some posts going unanswered for days / weeks, and other lucky ones with the same issue getting answered mere minutes / hours after being posted?

I posted on Saturday and have yet to get a response...

John it shows my same computer as registered as a device 3 times but still wont allow me to watch on it.

Why are advisors skirting around the issues asking customers these questions when you know fine well it is a browser compatibility issue that you are having with the new TV Go since you took away the app

audreyrobbins_0-1603319824778.png

Got the devices reset but already I am having the same problems. Asking to register but I already have registered my PC. I watch the Sport on it. Been told it's a browser issue but are Virgin Media going to fix the problem. Was using the old Virgin TV Go app on Windows 10 but that stopped working.

Hi John_GS

Could you please assist as I have the same issue on my Macbook.

My Computer - Google Chrome (x 3) 

- All three of these are the same computer. 

Samsung SM-G960F (x 2)

- Both of these are the same Samsung Mobile. 

Would really appreciate your help, and understanding as to why this happens so it can be avoided in the future? 

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 10.05.35.png

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stewarth - Thank you for your post. 

I will send you over a private message so I can look into this for you. 

Cheers.