cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go - Maximum Devices Reached

GDR23
Joining in

Hello All

We seem to be having some issues with the Virgin TV Go service.
We have registered a Windows 10 PC & a Windows 10 Laptop as our 2 devices.

Accessing SkySports channels is fine, but when trying to view anything on Virgin TV Go we are informed that this is a new device and cannot be registered as we already have 2 active devices.

We are using the exact same machines as when both were originally registered.
This happened on Saturday on the PC, so we used our allotted change to re-register the PC, which worked for that day, but when trying on Monday the same message appeared: “CAN'T REGISTER THIS DEVICE
You have reached the maximum number of devices you can stream with. You can use one of the already registered devices or register a new”

We have cleared the browser settings etc, but this has had no effect.
We are logging in successfully via Microsoft Edge, which we originally registered the devices with.

After checking through the forums, someone advised that using the Windows 10 app would be a better option, which we have now installed.

We are now having some problems contacting Virgin however (Online Chat seems offline at the moment and we are struggling to get through to speak to someone).

The issue is we are not sure why this keeps refusing to use the devices we have already registered.
Has anyone else had any similar issues?

Many Thanks

281 REPLIES 281

Amarhans
On our wavelength

Once again we have the same problems - maximum devices reached.

I want to watch the football - NOW, and I cant

so what the point of having virgin iff you cant watch TV when you want to? Please reset the devices, and offer compensation

My household is also having this issue can you reset mine aswell as I cant watch the ufc event tonight because of this!!

Hello Amarhans

Sorry to hear this has happened 

We do ask customer to manage their own devices 

As a one off we can reset then for you 

However this App is a free service and we will be applying any compensation 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Amarhans
On our wavelength
Gareth

The users can and do manage their devices, however, this is a problem on your side.

I use the SAME laptop and the SAME google chrome. YOUR systems keep updating as if it is a new device. This is NOT MY FAULT and hence I keep requesting that you reset

If you can confirm that the problem has been fixed your end then we wont need to reset.  However, I have been advised by your TECHNICAL team that it is a fault on your side.

I hope you understand and so until it is corrected, i have no choice but to ask for it be be reset.
I am sure others feel the same

Thank you

We are aware of the issue with web browsers Amarhans

This is something we are looking to fix 

But sadly in meantime

Each log in does go down as a new device 

Gareth_L

Looks like my issue has returned, I had to re-add my device 2 days ago and then again the same device and same browser yesterday.  If this happens once again I will have made 3 changes this months and I will not be able to add the same device again .... 😣

Mak

I have a question for admins or the guys who develop the app, how does the software recognize a device, is it via mac address or registered\signed in email address?

Amarhans
On our wavelength

Gareth

If you are were of the problem and you admit that it is a problem that you need to fix

How are you able to blame me? and say this is the last time that we will reset the device management system!!

hope you don't mind, but an apology from you is due

How about Virgin just reset all devices en masse? Or increase the device limit.. until they've managed to fix the issue?  Then again, far be it from me to suggest they might actually want to keep us customers happy by providing what we pay for.  

mic12345
Joining in

Went to watch the football and was told my device was not registered, FINE I reregistered the device and it still said it was unregistered, I repeated this on chrome and on edge and have now run of of device registrations! 😮 

Please can this this issue be solved as i am FUMING