cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go - Maximum Devices Reached

GDR23
Joining in

Hello All

We seem to be having some issues with the Virgin TV Go service.
We have registered a Windows 10 PC & a Windows 10 Laptop as our 2 devices.

Accessing SkySports channels is fine, but when trying to view anything on Virgin TV Go we are informed that this is a new device and cannot be registered as we already have 2 active devices.

We are using the exact same machines as when both were originally registered.
This happened on Saturday on the PC, so we used our allotted change to re-register the PC, which worked for that day, but when trying on Monday the same message appeared: “CAN'T REGISTER THIS DEVICE
You have reached the maximum number of devices you can stream with. You can use one of the already registered devices or register a new”

We have cleared the browser settings etc, but this has had no effect.
We are logging in successfully via Microsoft Edge, which we originally registered the devices with.

After checking through the forums, someone advised that using the Windows 10 app would be a better option, which we have now installed.

We are now having some problems contacting Virgin however (Online Chat seems offline at the moment and we are struggling to get through to speak to someone).

The issue is we are not sure why this keeps refusing to use the devices we have already registered.
Has anyone else had any similar issues?

Many Thanks

281 REPLIES 281

Hi Amarhans,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I have answered your other post, please can you stick to one post per issue.

Regards

Paul.

Amarhans
On our wavelength

Paul

Thanks. I will do. I was desperate for someone to resolve this. I spent 4 hours on the phone yesterday waiting for "technical" help

Hi Amarhans,

No problem at all, this has now been reset for you.

Regards

Paul.

silverfox_shot
Joining in

Hi,

I am unable to watch live TV on a device that is shown as registered in my list of devices (Error Code 146).

Please can you reset so that I can use the device listed as "asus Nexus 7"

Thankyou.

Hi silverfox_shot,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry you haven't been able to use our app on your Nexus 7 , error 146 is an issue with the device.

I will be more than happy to reset your devices so you can try again, So I can help I would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Having the exact same problem - I registered my current device and it wouldn't let me watch, registered it again and again and then it said 'max device limit reached' despite this device already being registered? Please help!

Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 17.50.55.png

I have posted so many times about this!

This happens to me too - on my laptop firefox it works, on my desktop (which used to work) i get the above errors - register the device then it tells me I need to register my device.

You havce also turned off the Windows app which is what I was told to use instead!

Please please fix this!

It doesn't matter how many times I replace the device - it DOESN'T work!

PLEASE help!

Hi Markede, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry that you've been impacted by this issue as well as @jhactually

We do have an update here, I hope that helps but let us know if you have any further concerns or issues

Thanks 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Thanks Emma

I've just come off a 1:17 call to tech support. In the end after speaking with a lovely rep, who was clearly not having a great time from clients about this problem, eventually managed to reset my devices.

It worked! I'm on Firefox

To be clear, this problem IS FIXED, but not for those who have already run out of device slots.

Please try to be patient with the reps! The lady who helped me had to try quite a few times to reset my devices.

Sorry for the long phone call but I'm glad this has now been reset for you. 

Do let us know if you need anything else 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team