cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go - Maximum Devices Reached

GDR23
Joining in

Hello All

We seem to be having some issues with the Virgin TV Go service.
We have registered a Windows 10 PC & a Windows 10 Laptop as our 2 devices.

Accessing SkySports channels is fine, but when trying to view anything on Virgin TV Go we are informed that this is a new device and cannot be registered as we already have 2 active devices.

We are using the exact same machines as when both were originally registered.
This happened on Saturday on the PC, so we used our allotted change to re-register the PC, which worked for that day, but when trying on Monday the same message appeared: “CAN'T REGISTER THIS DEVICE
You have reached the maximum number of devices you can stream with. You can use one of the already registered devices or register a new”

We have cleared the browser settings etc, but this has had no effect.
We are logging in successfully via Microsoft Edge, which we originally registered the devices with.

After checking through the forums, someone advised that using the Windows 10 app would be a better option, which we have now installed.

We are now having some problems contacting Virgin however (Online Chat seems offline at the moment and we are struggling to get through to speak to someone).

The issue is we are not sure why this keeps refusing to use the devices we have already registered.
Has anyone else had any similar issues?

Many Thanks

281 REPLIES 281

Great to hear all sorted 🙂

Have a lovely day

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Amarhans
On our wavelength

Please can you reset my device management account? Tv go has registered my device now 5 times and I cannot any further tv!! 

please help

Hi Amarhans, 

Thanks for posting. If you do speak to the team either via call or text on the numbers above, we can sort this out for you

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Amarhans
On our wavelength

John, so far I have spent 2hrs 15 mins online help, 1hr 45mins on the phone to speak to Technical and NOTHING

Please can you give the phone number to send a Text to?

Or please please can you help me? I want to watch the football!!!

151 // 0345 454 1111 or text the team on 07533051809 they can assist further

John_GS
Forum Team

Amarhans
On our wavelength

I have now been waiting 2hrs and 45 mins

Can you not help me? or at least can someone to do it? It ridiculous the amount of time that we have to wait?

I am sorry for the hold times, we're busier than normal but will answer asap

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Amarhans
On our wavelength

Sorry, confused, Will you sort this out? or do I have to continue to wait on those helplines?

You will need to call or text as advised above,

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

I have texted and followed the messages to the end 3 times now and each time I have tried to explain in plain English I am watching on the same laptop each time and the app requests I remove a device and add this as a new device.

Each time the text message service says they will get someone from the TV or cable service to contact me and then nothing.

All I want is to have my device management reset and for this problem to stop. I only have 2 devices registered, my phone and my laptop. How difficult is it to fix .....😠