cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go - Maximum Devices Reached

GDR23
Joining in

Hello All

We seem to be having some issues with the Virgin TV Go service.
We have registered a Windows 10 PC & a Windows 10 Laptop as our 2 devices.

Accessing SkySports channels is fine, but when trying to view anything on Virgin TV Go we are informed that this is a new device and cannot be registered as we already have 2 active devices.

We are using the exact same machines as when both were originally registered.
This happened on Saturday on the PC, so we used our allotted change to re-register the PC, which worked for that day, but when trying on Monday the same message appeared: “CAN'T REGISTER THIS DEVICE
You have reached the maximum number of devices you can stream with. You can use one of the already registered devices or register a new”

We have cleared the browser settings etc, but this has had no effect.
We are logging in successfully via Microsoft Edge, which we originally registered the devices with.

After checking through the forums, someone advised that using the Windows 10 app would be a better option, which we have now installed.

We are now having some problems contacting Virgin however (Online Chat seems offline at the moment and we are struggling to get through to speak to someone).

The issue is we are not sure why this keeps refusing to use the devices we have already registered.
Has anyone else had any similar issues?

Many Thanks

281 REPLIES 281

sue561
Joining in

Tv go saying i've reached my maximum devices.Happens everytime i sigh in.My browser is firefox.How do i reset devices?.

ianlinacre
On our wavelength

You have to wait for VM to reset it for you or wait till the end of the month. FYI I had the same issue with Opera and Chrome. I recently tried the new Edge (Chromium) and that seems to work a lot better. (I reckon Msoft know how to identify the browser properly so it doesnt create a new instance on VM everytime there is a browser upgrade). Hope this helps

AJowett1
Joining in

Hi, 

I’m having the same issue, can you reset all devices on my TV Go please

AJowett1
Joining in

I’m having the same issue, can you reset all devices on my TV Go please 

I'm not sure if I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue or not but here's a tale of my experience with customer services over the sudden failure to recognise my phone and then telling me I can't register it as I've reached my maximum device changes for the month (I hadn't).

I rang customer support on Thursday when my phone wasn't recognised and was met with the legend that is maximum devices reached.

I waited patiently for an hour and a bit to get speaking to a very nice lady who told me she'd immediately reset my device limits and within an hour I'd be able to register my phone.

Two hours later, not only could I not register my phone, but my tablet, which had been working fine had now been deregistered and couldn't be re-registered because, yep, maximum devices reached.

I rang again, another hour and a bit (fair enough given the covid-19 situation) wait before I finally got through to someone who told me that the previous technical support person had been working from home, hadn't accessed the right screen but they understood my annoyance and would immediately fix the problem. He came back on the phone and said the issue was fixed and if I was still seeing the devices message I should uninstall the app and reinstall it. I was still seeing the message, I did uninstall, I did reinstall, I still can't use either device.

This morning I rang again, bright and early (8 on the dot) so as to avoid lengthy delays. An hour and a half later (and by the way Virgin, making people who are waiting over an hour listen to George Ezra singing ''what ya waiting for'' on a loop is sick humour personified) I got through to another ''techie'' who said he needed to refer the matter to his manager. He said he'd call me back - I said, I'm at work, here's my mobile number. He said he'd call me.

Two hours later he calls my son's mobile number (one of the contact numbers on the account) and not the number he asked me for. My son says, ''speak to Dad, here's his number. My son hangs up, the house phone then starts ringing. My son answers it. It's the techie again. ''I told you, he's not here, speak to him on his mobile, here's his number''  The house phone rings a further five times over the coming hour.

I ring virgin again. I get George Ezra demanding to know what I'm waiting for again. Eventually I get through whereupon I'm told - ''you'll have to wait until next month''

So, I rang with one device working but wanting both to work - they fixed my problem by making neither work. They asked me for a number to call me back on and then didn't call me on it. I had over ten hours on the phone. I ended up buying a NOW tv pass to watch the match I wanted to see.

I decide to log a complaint via the email us form. I write it out. I click submit. It says error - please try again. I try again. It says error- please try again.

I find community. I register to post this. I'm literally stunned by the levels of incompetence Virgin have shown today. I'm an author and a journalist. I'm seriously tempted to write about this but the problem I have is accurately reflecting just how incompetent this so called customer services department has been in dealing with this will probably leave people who haven't experienced it thinking it isn't possible for any company to perform so poorly.

Now, VM - if you wouldn't mind - could you please RESET my device count so I can use the service you charge a King's ransom for?

Hi all,

I am sorry for the TV Go issues. This isn't something we're able to reset I'm afraid from here. 

My apologies again,

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi

How do I go about this then? I’ve followe all the advice.

Other customers in this forum have had there’s reset?

Hi

How do I go about this then? I’ve followed all the advice.

Other customers in this forum have had there’s reset?

If you do call the team on 151 // 0345 454 1111 or text the team on 07533051809 they can assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks, I’ve rung them and they have reset the devices. I’ve then been able to re-add 2 of my devices with success.