cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go - Maximum Devices Reached

GDR23
Joining in

Hello All

We seem to be having some issues with the Virgin TV Go service.
We have registered a Windows 10 PC & a Windows 10 Laptop as our 2 devices.

Accessing SkySports channels is fine, but when trying to view anything on Virgin TV Go we are informed that this is a new device and cannot be registered as we already have 2 active devices.

We are using the exact same machines as when both were originally registered.
This happened on Saturday on the PC, so we used our allotted change to re-register the PC, which worked for that day, but when trying on Monday the same message appeared: “CAN'T REGISTER THIS DEVICE
You have reached the maximum number of devices you can stream with. You can use one of the already registered devices or register a new”

We have cleared the browser settings etc, but this has had no effect.
We are logging in successfully via Microsoft Edge, which we originally registered the devices with.

After checking through the forums, someone advised that using the Windows 10 app would be a better option, which we have now installed.

We are now having some problems contacting Virgin however (Online Chat seems offline at the moment and we are struggling to get through to speak to someone).

The issue is we are not sure why this keeps refusing to use the devices we have already registered.
Has anyone else had any similar issues?

Many Thanks

281 REPLIES 281

Hi rogvir41,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're also having issues with this. 

I'll pop you a private message requesting more information so I can look in to this for you.

Thanks 

timcsalmon
On our wavelength

This happens to me every time I watch tv on my laptop (only device I watch on, apart from TV). The same device is registered (as both devices) but once i've watched twice in a month it says I can't watch anymore. Unless I can contact virgin to reset i'm stuck. it's ridiculous - VIRGIN - please sort this out!

Pubis
On our wavelength

@Pubis wrote:

I'm also once again having this issue. I have an android phone and a Windows laptop registered, but suddenly only the laptop is working. The device management section show my Pixel 2, that I am using, but when I try to watch anything on TV Go, it says the device isn't registered and I can change devices in 9 days.

Please could I have a reset so that I can re-register the device that I was already using?

Thanks

Hi

Could someone at Virgin help with this? I'm still unable to use my phone to watch anything other than Sky Sports.

Lindsey_C
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Pubis,

Very sorry to hear you are having trouble with this again.

Please can you to go the TV go page here then into Settings > Device Management to make sure the device you are wanting to use is a registered device please?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

When I go into Device Managment, it says that I have two devices registered which is actually only one device (my iPad).  When I then try to watch on my phone, it won’t let me select the iPad to remove!!0A0D051A-9ED1-4660-9D08-62F4BE55BBF1.png

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TheSen wrote:

When I go into Device Managment, it says that I have two devices registered which is actually only one device (my iPad).  When I then try to watch on my phone, it won’t let me select the iPad to remove!!0A0D051A-9ED1-4660-9D08-62F4BE55BBF1.png

Please read the sticky’s at the top of the forum or you could be posting about issues that are already well known.

There is currently a national issue with device registration that is being investigated.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I posted a question (along with other people) regarding not being able to 'manage my device' to view my tv service on my laptop. it seems to have been deleted (no idea why), (yet I then get a whole load of pointless, unhelpful emails telling me I've 'just earned a new badge'!)

is it possible to 'earn' an answer/solution to the question posed?

seems to have been fixed today.

thank you those who did.

lemooseigh
Joining in

Just to keep things going, could I also ask for all my devices to be removed/reset?

Would it also be possible to put a request in to actually allow us to *manage* our devices under "Device Management", as clearly the current system is a bit plop and wasting everyone' time.