cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go - Maximum Devices Reached

GDR23
Joining in

Hello All

We seem to be having some issues with the Virgin TV Go service.
We have registered a Windows 10 PC & a Windows 10 Laptop as our 2 devices.

Accessing SkySports channels is fine, but when trying to view anything on Virgin TV Go we are informed that this is a new device and cannot be registered as we already have 2 active devices.

We are using the exact same machines as when both were originally registered.
This happened on Saturday on the PC, so we used our allotted change to re-register the PC, which worked for that day, but when trying on Monday the same message appeared: “CAN'T REGISTER THIS DEVICE
You have reached the maximum number of devices you can stream with. You can use one of the already registered devices or register a new”

We have cleared the browser settings etc, but this has had no effect.
We are logging in successfully via Microsoft Edge, which we originally registered the devices with.

After checking through the forums, someone advised that using the Windows 10 app would be a better option, which we have now installed.

We are now having some problems contacting Virgin however (Online Chat seems offline at the moment and we are struggling to get through to speak to someone).

The issue is we are not sure why this keeps refusing to use the devices we have already registered.
Has anyone else had any similar issues?

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi GDR23,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I'll need to reset the devices for you first so in order for me to do this I'll just need to pop you a private message requesting further information.

You will find this message if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

281 REPLIES 281

Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi GDR23,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I'll need to reset the devices for you first so in order for me to do this I'll just need to pop you a private message requesting further information.

You will find this message if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Many thanks for resetting the devices.

We have been able to re-register both devices on the WIndows 10 app and all appears fine.

Once again, thank you for your assistance. 

john-thornhill
Joining in
I also have this problem could you please reset mine.

Hi john-thornhill, 

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry that you're having trouble with your TV Go at the moment. 

I've sent you a private message so that we can discuss this further. You can find this by clicking on the envelope in the top right corner of your screen. 

Speak soon 

Rebecca 

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

stevepetts372
Tuning in

Sorry to say I have the same problem so would appreciate a reset.  Thanks in advance

I have the same problem. I registered the device I am typing on right now using Firefox. Under 'My Devices' it actually lists the laptop and Firefox but it won't work and it won't let me re-register the device becasue it says I have used up the device changes! Frustrating. Please help.

Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi brasstetra,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.

I can reset your devices for you to register again so I'm just going to pop you a private message to discuss this further.

I'd also recommend checking your browser settings to make sure information isn't being wiped each time the browser is closed because this will remove it as a device.

If this keeps happening with Firefox then I'd recommend trying TV Go on a new browser.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

ettiene
On our wavelength
Hi I have the same problem. My account was reset a few days ago but your system keeps recognising my laptop as a different device even though I use the same laptop and browser

Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ettiene,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with your registered devices.

What web browser are you using?

I can reset your devices for you to register again so I'm just going to pop you a private message to discuss this further.

I'd also recommend checking your browser settings to make sure information isn't being wiped each time the browser is closed because this will remove it as a device.

Take care,
Louise
Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"