cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go ID channel video not in sync with audio

kdjkn
On our wavelength

For the last week my virgin tv go (channel ID, Investigation Discovery) is not working properly, i.e the audio is not in sync with the video. I have done everything that should be done my end (resets, different browsers etc.) but to no avail. I have used the live chat support but I keep getting transferred to different departments that don't respond within a reasonable time. What the hell do I do?

17 REPLIES 17

Hi kdjkn, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies to hear this is still ongoing for you. 

Given this is the only channel affected, and all other channels and apps are fine, we're going to need to assume this is a broadcasting issue. 

I can see there is still have a ticket open on your account for this and staged to the IT Team but due to the nature of the fault, there may not be anything the teams can do. 

Once we have more information, the team will contact you directly. 

Apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

kdjkn
On our wavelength

So are you saying that the fault not with Virgin Media and the TV GO application that you provide but with the Discovery group who provide the ID channel service not only to yourselves but to other streaming services as well.

I have to say that I have checked on other services that provide live streaming for the ID channel and the issue does not seem to affect them.

I have also noticed the the same issue (Video not in sync with Audio) happens on the SYFY channel as well.

Come on, get it sorted. 

hesnotthemessia
On our wavelength

After reading the above post., I can now also confirm that the same issue (Video not in sync with Audio) happens on the SYFY channel. 

To be able to confirm that video is not in sync with Audio on the SYFY channel, I carried out the following steps:

A) I opened up the Virgin TV Go App

B) I selected the SYFI channel

C) I watched it for 5 second.  I could then confirm that video is not in sync with Audio. 

A similar method could be used to determine if such a problem occurs with the ID channel:

A) Open up the Virgin TV Go App

B) Select the ID channel

C) Watch it for 5 second.  Access if video is not in sync with Audio. 

Please pass on the above instructions to whoever requires it to help them solve this issue. 

Could agree more. Virgin should really be on top of this after all we are paying customers!!!

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

As ID is the only channel affected then this is a broadcasting issue.

TVGO is a free service we provide, we are sorry for any inconvenience 

Zoie

kdjkn
On our wavelength
Wow, that’s great. So I can access all the channels on TVGO for free, as you say “TVGO is a free service we provide”, without paying for any other service. This is fantastic, you should make this more widely known. 😉

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kdjkn, 

TVGO is a free service to customers, all channels you have on your package will be available on there? Not sure what you are implying if you expand I would be more than happy to help, we also have this page in case you are confused 😄

I am sorry that one channel is not working.

Zoie

It's a free service.  All channels you have on your package will be available on there.  Only one channel not working. 

So much wrong with all of that.  I could either scream with frustration or just laugh it off.  I will choose the latter. Brilliant! 😂