cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go App on WIndows 11

Nelbert63
Joining in

I recently bought a new laptop running Windows 11 and when I try to watch TV via the TV Go app then I get sound and a picture that does not move, whatever was on screen when I select the channel stays on screen. Device is registered on my account OK.

I have tried all suggested fixes that I can find on line relating to changes in browsers etc but nothing works. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nelbert63

Welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you're having issues with the TVGO service on your new laptop. 

Can you confirm that the TVGO works from an other devices either via the app or the website? 

Do you see any error messages at all or does the screen remain on the guide but you can hear the sound? If so, can you try ensuring that your video playing software/ plug ins are fully up to date. 

Do you get any issues playing other videos such as YouTube or any other streaming video service at all? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi, TV Go does work on other devices including my old laptop that I have just replaced.

No error messages, when I open a program it freezes at whatever is on the screen when I start watching the program but sound continues. All drivers and bios etc are up to date and I have no issues with other streaming services and can happily watch Sky Sports as well.

It is annoying as I need to keep old machine running just for this app.

Hi there @Nelbert63

Thank you for confirming. Are you able to view via the web site instead of the app? 

Have you also tried deleting and reinstalling the app at all? 

Thanks again

This has resolved itself.

I can now watch live TV watching the app, I can only imagine that a newly released Windows update that resolved it. I had previously updated Windows and all drivers with no success.

Thank you for your suggestions on this issue.

Hey Nelbert63, thank you for reaching out and letting us know this.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything in the future. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?