cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go App Using External Memory

Sparkle275
Joining in

On the Google Play Store the details say the app can used SD card memory to store downloads however I cannot find anywhere to be able to change this setting? At the moment it will only use internal memory which is virtually zero on my tablet so I can only download one programme at a time

7 REPLIES 7

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sparkle275,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any issue you're having with this.

To confirm, have you tried to download something when your internal memory is full? If so, did it then move over the SD card?

Also do you have anything else downloaded on your SD card?

^Martin

I have managed to download other apps ie Netflix and Iplayer onto the SD card and they work fine. But Virgin TVGo doesnt give me the option and I cant download until its full because it basically stops working when it gets close to being full or the app just crashes. Im just confused why it mentions it on the permissions section of the app in the play store but doesnt seem to actually be able to do it....

Thanks for coming back to us @Sparkle275

Can you please ensure that all software on the tablet is up to date, as well as the TV Go application?

What tablet are you using? How old is the tablet?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

David Bn, Have you ever thought about answering the question rather than asking more yourself. I am in the same position as Sparkey. My tablet memory is full full so I need to download films etc to sd card so I can watch off line. I can do it with Sky, Netflix etc, but cannot see how to do it with Virgin TV Go.  I am using the latest version of the app. Just tell me whether the app can do it, and if so how. No more questions about age of tablet etc please!!!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

…. and, @cueyred , have you considered that the OP has failed to respond in almost six months and, perhaps, they found the answer and didn’t update the thread?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Ernie,

In the absence of them telling me how they did it, is it possible for an insightful person like yourself to advise me, because I am unable to download films to my external sd card.

Many thanks in advance

I am trying to download films from Sky cinema to watch offline. Unfortunately, my tablet does not have sufficient internal memory. However, unlike when I had Sky Go, and Amazon Prime and Netflix, I cannot find how to download the film to my SD Card