Menu
Highlander3
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go Abroad

I signed up with Virgin TV as I wanted to use the TV Go facility, especially as I am in Spain regularly.  Tonight,for the first time, I have tried to watch the BBC and ITV without success as I am redirected to the BBC I Player which does not work abroad.

I Called customer service and was flabbergasted with the reply I got.... I was told that BBC Iplayer will only work on the TV Go app when I am in my HOME town and on Virgin Wi-Fi. What a load of nonsense.  I think, judging by the other posts on here, what she meant was it will only work at home.

I am disgusted with Virgin as they are marketing a service they don't and cant provide.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go Abroad

To watch BBC programs, you must use the BBC iPlayer app as this is a BBC requirement.

Apparently, the BBC don’t have to comply with EU legislation!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/how-to-guides/getting-started/using-outside-uk

0 Kudos
Highlander3
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi thanks for the reply, however I need to ask myself then why I am paying a TV licence if I am unable to utilise this when I want to where I want to?

Virgin are still out of order not stipulating this

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MRNB
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky go is now available in Europe for up to 30 days. I am a virgin customer and am unable to access virgin's equivalent  Tv go when in Spain,  so on my return  I will be switching to sky.

0 Kudos